An Offer

"Morning." Sage smiled, walking into the cupboard the next day where Cass was getting ready for work, "When I didn't see you at the usual spot I figured you'd just came in early." She said, taking her coat off as Cass nodded briefly.

"Enjoy your date last night?" Cass asked her as Sage paused a little and turned to her slowly, "I saw you through the window. Laughing. Smiling. Having a lovely date." Cass said as Sage narrowed her brows.

"It wasn't a date." Sage shook her head, "He wanted to take me out to make up for what he'd done and… I agreed." Sage shrugged, "It wasn't a date."

"Will the next one be a date then?" Cass asked her.

"What? No. What are you talking about?" Sage shook her head, "Do you have a problem?" Sage asked.

"Just that you are falling into his trap." Cass said.

"What trap?" Sage shook her head.

"He fucks you. Gets some new information. Then he softens you back up afterwards to make sure you don't think he's not a complete scumbag. Then he leaves in three weeks and doesn't shed a thought on you ever again." Cass said, "That is what he's doing."

"No, it's not." Sage shook her head, "You don't know anything." She said, "There's something between us. He knows it and so do I."

"And what's gonna happen, Sage? He's defending your brother's killer. Could you imagine what your parents would think if they found out you'd been with him? Could you imagine what Issac would think?"

"Issac would want me to be happy." Sage said quickly, "Why are you being like this? You're supposed to be supporting me."

"I can't if you're gonna end up flat on your face by the end of this. I'm trying to help you." Cass said, "He is bad news. There's nothing going to happen between you both."

"You don't know that." Sage said, "He said he could be back here with work again." She said as Cass shook her head.

"Listen to yourself." Cass said, "You sound desperate." She said, "I know you. You're gonna glove onto him. Make him your entire world and then he will drop you because all he was after was that information." Cass said.

"No he wasn't." Sage said, "He knows what he done was wrong and he's apologised." Sage said, "There's still nothing going on with us and I'm not so shallow to cling onto him, even if I do like him. I do have some dignity." She said, "And I have never needed a man to depend on." She made clear.

"Sage, I just don't want to see you get hurt." Cass said, "He will hurt you."

"He won't." Sage shook her head, "You don't even know him."

"And you know him?" Cass asked.

"Yeah, I do." Sage said, "I know that he wouldn't hurt me on purpose. Not again." Sage said, "And he's trying to redeem himself and I'm going to let him because I know he's a good man."

"You don't fucking know anything." Cass said.

"Don't." Sage shook her head, "If you're gonna be like this today then don't bother coming near me." She said, grabbing what she needed from the cupboard and leaving to go start on some rooms.