Settling In

Jon woke up the next morning, turning his head where he saw Sage fast asleep. She looked so beautiful, and finally a part of her seemed at peace. The journey to Chicago, she was a little upset and distressed still. He didn't blame her after what had happened. It was bizarre and sad on Sage's end as he knew how much she regarded Cass as her best friend. For her to act the way she had, and be so forward, and sexually manipulate and abuse her, Jon was enraged by it, and was so glad he had taken her away from it all.

He showered in the large bathroom that was in his bedroom, and got some clothes on, walking out of the bathroom and seeing Sage still fast asleep. It was a feeling he couldn't describe, seeing her asleep in his bed. It was always a feeling he used to dread if he'd spent the night with someone. Having to see their face in the morning and feel absolutely nothing was the worst part of his day, but this had to be the best part of his day so far.

He didn't want to disturb her, so he left the room and headed downstairs. Since there was nothing in the cupboards for him to make an acceptable breakfast, he decided he'd pop out to the store for some things, and he decided to take Sage's dog with him, since he had to collect some food for him also.

He got back and Sage was still asleep, so he fed Milo, pouring his dried food into the new bowl he'd got him, and started breakfast for he and Sage. He knew it would be a busy day. He'd told Sage they would get her registered with a new doctor and with new medication, and that they'd look for jobs, even though he was so willing to take care of her completely.

He began to hear footsteps coming down the stairs and smiled to himself as he flipped the last pancake. He knew it was her favourite and couldn't go wrong with some pancakes.

He turned his head, watching her walk through the kitchen door with one of his t-shirts on, which was more like a dress on her. Her straightened hair was now frizzy and pulled back into a high ponytail.

 Her straightened hair was now frizzy and pulled back into a high ponytail

"Sorry, I hope you don't mind." She said, "I don't... I don't have any clothes and... the ones I had on last night were dirty." She said, "My things should show up soon."

"Hey, don't worry about it." Jon smiled to her, "You suit it." He teased as she just grinned and looked down at the ground, "You hungry?" He asked her as she smiled and looked around. It smelt so great and she couldn't help love his house. Even though it was pretty unnecessary for him, it was beautiful and she felt like she was in a dream.

"I'm starving." Sage smiled to him, "What have you made me?" She asked, walking over to the island in the kitchen, taking a seat on the stool whilst Milo rubbed against her bare legs as she rubbed his head softly.

"Pancakes. And there are some strawberries and raspberries in the fridge. Cyrup is over there and I got you chocolate spread since I know you like it." He pointed as Sage smiled to him.