New Family

The next morning, Jon had left for work early and was meeting his client again who was still in custody. He felt guilty for not telling Sage like Dean had suggested about what he was doing with the case, in order for it to work in his favour, but he just didn't want her to think any less of him.

 He felt guilty for not telling Sage like Dean had suggested about what he was doing with the case, in order for it to work in his favour, but he just didn't want her to think any less of him

"I spoke to Calvin last night." Jo said as Jonathan sat across from him in the room light room, "He's happy with the money and he's gonna testify." He nodded.

"I just need it to kick-start it off

"I just need it to kick-start it off." Jon said, "The trial is in two weeks which gives me some time to figure out how I can turn this all around in court. I figure once Calvin testifies, Gabe will start sweating, the conflict between him and Monty will come out and I'll be able to wrap it up." Jon nodded with confidence.

"I trust you." Jo nodded, "Calvin does too." He said.

"Well there would be no reason for you not to trust me." Jon assured him, "My job is to defend you in court and that's what I'm gonna do." Jon said, "I'm gonna need to bring up the fact that Gabe and Monty ran a drug business, I'll need to bring up that they disagreed on some things, and then I'll also have to talk about you sleeping with Gabe's girl, which is most likely why he chose you to take the blame for him." Jon said.

"You really wanna bring up the drug business?" Jo asked.

"I don't really have a choice." Jon said, "Why? How many of your buddies would I be ratting out?" Jon asked.

"Quite a few." Jo admitted, "And if you do, Calvin won't testify." He said as Jon groaned, running his hand over his face.

"Well then what do you suppose I do?" Jon asked, "That's a big part of my argument for you."

"Well they worked at the garage with me. Just... say it was business there that they disagreed on." Jo shrugged, "Trust me, that way you'll agitate less people than you'll need to." Jo said.