Unforgettable

"Have you noticed anything different about Jonathan?" Grace asked Renee while sitting in the living room. Dean and Jon were out in the kitchen doing the dishes while Bella had fallen asleep on the sofa beside Renee.

"No, what do you mean?" Renee asked.

"He looks like something is bothering him." Grace said, "I can tell. Normally when he comes back from a case, he enjoys talking about it but… he didn't say that much at dinner." She said.

"Maybe it wasn't that exciting." Renee shrugged, playing dumb as Grace nodded.

"Maybe." Grace nodded, "But I am sure of it. There's something wrong with him. And I'm going to ask him." She made clear.

"It might just be work. You know he gets a little stressed every now and then." Renee tried to cover.

"But the case is over. He's got a few days off now." Grace said, "Do you know? Please tell me if you do. I hate worrying." Grace said as Renee sighed.

"It's not really anyone's business but his." Renee said, but Grace still expected her to tell her, "He met someone." She said as Grace raised her eyebrows, "He met someone but… it didn't work out, she lives in New Jersey, she decided it was best they just went separate ways." Renee said quietly, "And Jonathan really liked her." She nodded as Grace shook her head with shock.

"He met someone he actually liked?" Grace asked with surprise.

"Yeah, but don't say anything because… well it's not exactly working out so… there's no point in talking about it." Renee said.

"Is he ok? Is he… Is he really upset about it?" Grace asked with shock. In all her years of raising Jon, she knew him to be quite unreliable with woman. He'd never introduced her to anyone before.

"He's not having a mental breakdown about it but… yeah, he's been pretty down." Renee nodded, "I'm thinking maybe him spending time with Bella tomorrow might lift his spirits." She shrugged, turning to Bella who was asleep on the couch, tucking a little strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Oh, I want to ask him if he's ok." Grace sighed.

"He's fine. Trust me." Renee said, "At least we know there's a heart in there." She smiled as Grace nodded.

"I always knew there was." Grace nodded, "I'm gonna go talk to him." She stood up, "Don't worry, you won't be the source of my information." She smirked, placing her hand on Renee's shoulder softly as she walked out of the living room and into the kitchen.

"Alright, Dean go have a rest." She encouraged, "You do my dishes a lot." She patted his back as Dean smiled, handing her the kitchen towel as he left the kitchen.

"There's not much left anyway." Jon told his brother, "I can do the rest." He said.

"I can help." Grace smiled, "So…" She began, starting to dry the dishes, "What was she like?" She smiled to herself as Jon turned to her quickly.

"What?" He said.

"What was she like?" Grace repeated, "I know that look. There's something on your mind and it's a woman. I'm your mother, I can tell." She said as Jon shook his head, pretending he was confused at what she was talking about, then he figured Renee had probably told her.