Cleaning Air

"Any room for some more visitors?" Sage asked as she walked into the hospital room where Dean was, pushing the double stroller while Jon followed behind, walking in to see Dean sitting up in bed with Bella lying beside him playing a game on her game console, while Renee sat by the bed.

"More the merrier." Dean smiled as Sage and Jon walked on into the room.

"We thought we'd come visit once the boys settled." Sage said, "They were a little fussy today. I think they fell asleep out of tiredness." She admitted truthfully, putting the brake on the stroller while Jon pulled over two chairs for them, "How are you feeling?" Sage asked, stretching over and giving Dean a careful hug as Dean smiled.

"Better." Dean smiled, "I'm getting home tomorrow. I just… I want out of this bed." He said as Sage nodded, "Renee has taken some time off work so, I got my own private nurse to take care of me." He smiled to Renee who just winked at him playfully.

"You'll be as good as new in no time." Sage nodded, "Once you're home you'll probably start feeling stronger." She said while taking a seat beside Jon.

"Yeah. This place could depress the happiest of people." Dean said.

"I'm gonna go grab a coffee." Renee said as Jon looked over at her, "Does anyone want anything?" She asked, standing up, "Baby, you want anything from the machine?" She asked Bella who was curled against Dean, tired and concentrated on her game.

"No, mommy." Bella shook her head.

"I'll come with you." Jon stood up as Renee glanced over at him, "I'll get something for me and Sage." He said as Sage looked up and nodded.

"Ok." Renee nodded briefly as Dean narrowed his eyes at Renee, watching as she then headed out of the room while Jon followed.

"So what's been going on with police then?" Dean asked Sage.

"They're sending everyone away. Lance. The man who shot you. His friends. Cass." Sage nodded, "They're all going away." She assured him with relief as Dean nodded, rolling his head back against his pillow.

"I really thought they were gonna kill him, Sage." Dean nodded, looking over at her, "He had the gun right at Jon's head, and I couldn't do anything. If Jo didn't come… I-I just-"

"You don't have to think about that." Sage shook her head, feeling herself shiver at the thought of it all, "We're all ok. That's the most important thing." She said, "You did do something. You were there for him. You fought with him. You didn't freak out. You didn't run off. You stayed with him." She nodded, "You were there for him, and he was there for you. So don't… don't be feeling guilty. It's you who wound up hurt." She said as Dean just nodded.

"I know. I just… I don't know what I'd do without him." Dean said.

"I know the feeling." She smiled softly, "It's so sad that… the reminder of his parents and everything that happened had to be brought up. I mean… part of all of this is to do with them, and what happened, who they were running from." Sage said, "It didn't have anything to do with him."

"It's what scums like them do, though. Isn't it?" Dean shrugged as Sage just nodded, "But you're right. We're all ok. That's the main thing." He said, "How are the boys?" He asked, looking over to the stroller.