Chapter 90: Dinner Table Conflicts

The white door to the dining room opened, and as House Athena Servants wearing the same uniform as Highclere walked in the room they looked on at the table filled with both members of the Inquisition and other members of House Athena. Standing in the central part of the room, was a dark brown table with maroon table cloth placed over the table covering the top. The table was long, and was able to fit sixteen people in total. Hanging above the center of the table was a white chandelier with lit candles. There was dark wooden chairs that belonged to the dining set, dark wooden chairs that were currently being occupied by both members of the Inquisition and House Athena. There was one large black lantern sitting in the middle of the table, with a few paces separating the lantern from white vases holding red roses that sat on both sides of the lantern. There were small dark wooden tables around the room holding white candles on top of them that were brightly lit. The walls to the room were snow white, and the windows to the room were framed in white and lead to the outside balcony. Next to every person in the room was a clear wine glass that was sitting on the table, and depending on the person the wine glass was either filled with red wine or was empty. At the end of the table closest to the door where the House Athena Servants were coming out of was Lady Athena, she was sitting at the head of the table and she had both of her hands interlocked together on the top of the table. She was looking to her right, and she was speaking with Paladin whom was sitting in the chair to her right.

"Come on Paladin, don't tell me for a second that you didn't think back then that I wouldn't find out about the Succubus party being held?" Lady Athena was chuckling, and she picked up her wine glass filled with red wine.

Paladin chuckled, he realized how dumb it was to expect that he could hide a party of that size from Lady Athena, the person who knows everything about the mansion.

"Well--" Paladin was chuckling as he spoke, "Even though that the chances were slim that we would be able to successfully hide it, I had to take that chance."

Lady Athena smirked and shook her head, she then would bring the wine glass to her mouth and would start to drink red wine out of it.

Nobody was sitting across from Paladin, due to Lady Athena ordering that the seat would be reserved for absolutely no one. However, sitting on the left side from the perspective of the empty seat was Cameryn. Cameryn was looking across at Ashley, who was sitting on the right side of Paladin. Cameryn had long curly ginger hair that extended to the bottom of her back, she also had crystal blue eyes. Cameryn was wearing a red silky dress with white fur trimming along the edges of the dress that outlined each part of the dress, making the pieces of the dress distinctive from each other. The Red dress had two noticeable different pieces, one part of the dress would cover both of her shoulders while the bottom part of the dress would extended below the pieces of the shoulder to cover her breasts and the rest of her body. Making her legs hidden behind the silky dress. Ashley was looking forward, and she was drinking a glass of red wine that was given to her. However, Cameryn could tell that Ashley was carefully paying attention to the conversation that was happening between both Paladin and Lady Athena. Cameryn gave a deep sigh.

I assume she feels a certain way for Paladin, yet she seemingly has no confidence in herself to bring up how her feelings are assumably. Whether she likes it or not, I assume Paladin will continue to speak with Lady Athena unless something drastic happens.

Sitting opposite of Arryn and next to Cameryn was Omega, he was also looking at Ashley. Omega's glass of red wine was not touched at all, like Paladin he too did not partake in anything that was alcohol. When Ashley put her glass of red wine down, she slowly started to pout when Paladin continued to not show her any attention. Ashley was getting irritated, irritated because Paladin continue to laugh and enjoy himself with Lady Athena and would not show her any attention. Immediately Omega noticed this.