Chapter 125: Promise

As each of the Inquisitors pulled their weapons out from the body of Lord Sparrow, instantly the body of Lord Sparrow would fall over, face fist into the stone pillar. They all looked down at the dead body of Lord Sparrow, watching as a pool of blood expanded from around his body. Blood expanding to the edges of the pillar, dripping down the side of the pillar and creating a second pool of blood at the bottom of the pillar. Some blood expanded to the bottom of Paladin's white boots, staining them with the fresh red blood of Lord Sparrow. Paladin seemingly didn't care however, as Delta landed on his right shoulder he continued to look at the body of Lord Sparrow. Archer walked over to the opposite side of where Paladin was standing, still looking down at the dead body of Lord Sparrow. Archer sighed heavily, as the relief from Lord Sparrow and the Icarus Cult being dead took over.

"Finally--its finally over."

Archer took a cigarette he was holding in his left hand, and he planted the cigarette on the lips of his mouth. He took his left hand, and a small black fire appeared, lighting up the end of the cigarette and creating a small orange light. At the same time, Archer sheathed the King of Destruction into the scabbard at his right side.

"Thank fucking goodness, he was so fucking annoying! I hope that we never have to deal with somebody ever like him again!" Noxious yelled.

"He got on your nerves a lot Noxious," Omega said.

Jingks, standing behind Archer and next to Omega chuckled, and then he shook his head. He turned his head to his left and he looked at Noxious, who was standing behind Paladin.

"He's only going to be the first of many more people that we'll have to be dealing with in this world, I have no doubt about it that there will be another person similar to him that we'll have to deal with. Just appreciate what we've done today, we've destroyed the Icarus Cult once and for all."

Omega nodded his head, agreeing with what Jingks said.

"Jingks is right, we're gonna have to deal with somebody like him again in the future. However, let's just be satisfied with the fact that we'll never have to deal with the Icarus Cult, nor the Altum Chaplain Sparrow ever again."

As Archer, Omega, and Jingks were speaking about how the Icarus Cult was finally finished. Paladin turned to look behind him, and he looked at the black vortex with swirling purple rings. Paladin eyes grew wide as he looked at the gateway, knowing what waited on the other side of the black vortex. Paladin looked at the vortex, and seemingly he had another mission to complete, a mission that was for him and him alone.

"There's something else that needs to be done--"
"And what is that Paladin?" Omega asked.

"Delta, fly off my shoulder."

Archer quickly noticed that Paladin was looking in a particular direction, he then turned his head to look at the black vortex with the swirling purple rings. Archer sighed, as he quickly realized what Paladin was about to do. He crossed his arms and shook his head.

"Should you really be seeing her again Paladin?"

"Who is he seeing?" Noxious asked.

"I should speak to her, and settle everything with the Icarus Cult finally. She told me that before, that she never collected her followers and that they just came to her. If we truly want to end the Icarus Cult once and for all, then I need to speak with her again."

"Who are you trying to speak with Paladin!" Noxious yelled, as he was being ignored by both Archer and Paladin.

Paladin started to walk forward towards the black vortex with circling purple rings, as he did so Archer turned to look at him, with a slightly annoyed voice he spoke to him.