Chapter 139: Escaping Atlantis

As the golden doors to the Throne room opened, the Four Inquisitors with both Ashley and Lady Diane walked through. Paladin, with Alexon walking directly beside him with Archer and Alexon behind the two of them walked forward to the golden stairs, and as he did so he looked at the top of the Golden stairs. He looked at King Atlas, sitting down on the Golden Throne and grinning wide as he looked down at the Inquisition. With two blond haired women who stood on each side of him, their hands interlocked together at their waists. King Atlas could see the Staff of the Grand Wizard, being gripped by the right hand of Alexon. When he saw the Staff he immediately stood up from the Golden Throne, and he walked to the edge of the Golden stairs. Jumping up and down in excitement, excited that he finally had the Divine weapon, the Staff of the Grand Wizard all for himself. He jumped up and down while he waited for the Inquisition to come to a complete stop.

"Lord Inquisitor, I see you have accomplished what I request out of you. I thank you for doing your duty, as a man with lower class. Now, I humbly and graciously ask that you come to me please and have your pathetic, useless, worthless, mage come up to the top of the golden stairs and hand me the Staff."

Paladin smirked when King Atlas finished speaking, and he shook his head.

"We're a bit tired from all the fighting today, how about you come down here and be handed the Staff down here? I'm really tired--and that shouldn't be an issue for you, right?"

King Atlas squinted his eyes, as he looked down at the Lord Inquisitor. He looked at the Lord Inquisitor for a few moments. Then he shrugged his shoulders, and he started to walk down the golden stairs for the Lord Inquisitor and the Grand Wizard

"Very well, I understand that somebody like you would be extremely tired from such mighty Trials."

Paladin nodded his head, agreeing with King Atlas completely.

"Yes-yes-yes us lower class people cannot do what someone of your might can do, so please have some understanding for our lack of ability."

When King Atlas reached the ground floor, he walked over to the Lord Inquisitor and the Grand Wizard. When stood in front of the Grand Wizard, and he looked directly into the pathetic eyes of Alexon. He smirked, knowing that he accomplished everything that he wanted to accomplish. Like always, King Atlas has won against all the odds again. He then took his left hand, and he grabbed onto the white shaft of the Staff of the Grand Wizard. He attempted to pull the Staff away and out from the grip of Alexon, however he found that the Staff wouldn't move.

"Let go of the Staff--you damn worthless peasant."

Paladin smirked, as like how they schemed it together, the plan was working perfectly.

~

Noxious then started to hop around on both of his feet, as he raised his left hand.

"O-O-O-Paladin I have an idea, for a Strategy!" Noxious speaking with a voice full of excitement exclaimed.

Both Paladin and Alexon turned their heads to look at Noxious, Paladin squinted his eyes as he wondered what his strategy could be.

"Let me guess, fighting everybody?"

Noxious quickly shook his head.

"Nope! My strategy is that we kidnap King Atlas, and then we use him as a hostage as we head to the ship! Think about it! The Knights won't be able to do anything to us, as long as we hold their King hostage! There is no way they would hurt their King or do anything to get him hurt!"

Paladin scratched his chin with his left hand, as he was thinking about how that plan could work out.

"Mmmmm--but we would still have to wait for the ship to be ready to leave, which could take some time."