Chapter 93: Putting differences aside

Paladin opened the front doors of the House Athena mansion, they were brown doors made of wood, and he walked down the stone steps that lead to the mansion. Paladin was wearing Cesar's armor. Cesar's armor was white armor composed of a chestplate, pauldrons, gauntlets, and greaves. Paladin's pauldrons and gauntlets had two vertical blue lines moving down the center of each piece of armor, until it reached the bottom. Paladin's chestplate had the head and neck of a black dragon melted into his chestplate, the claws of the black dragon is visible as they are attached to the body of the black dragon and sitting below the head of the dragon. The wings of the dragon extending over his left pauldron and only his left pauldron. Each piece of armor Paladin was wearing had blue trimming that outlined each piece of armor, making them clearly separated from each other. Paladin had a white bandana sitting below his chin. He was wearing a white cowboy like hat on the top of his head, the cowboy hat had blue trimming that outlined the edges of the hat, and there was an all blue eagle feather sticking out of the right side of the top of his hat. Paladin had a blue cape that was attached to the back of his armor, the cape sitting above the beginning of Paladin's white boots. Delta was sitting on the top of Paladin's right shoulder. Paladin looked out at the courtyard, and he was able to see the Army that was amassed together. Brown carriages with white covers were all over the grounds of the courtyard, soldiers wearing grey colored steel chest plates, pauldrons, gauntlets, metal helmets, with boots were walking all over the courtyard next to the carriages. On the upper right side of their metal chest plates, the insignia of the Royal Military could be seen. A purple shield with a golden crown inside of it.

"That must be the Royal Military," Paladin said as he looked at the Soldiers.

"It is the Royal Military, they might be a bit different looking than before however. Maybe because they are a different section of that military," Delta replied.

"Likely."

Paladin turned to look at the right side of the stone road, and he looked on at the House Athena soldiers. Each of the House Athena soldiers were wearing maroon colored armor that was composed of chest plates, pauldrons, gauntlets, and greaves. Each of the pieces of armor had golden trimming that outlined the pieces of armor from each other. Attached to the back of each of their pauldrons was a red cape with white trimming, the white trimming of the cape outlined the edges of their cape. At the bottom of each of their capes was the House Athena insignia; A golden sword that was sitting in the center of a solid gold circle that had it's inside empty outside of the sword.

"I assume those are the Soldiers from House Athena?" asked Paladin.

"I'd assume so."

Paladin nodded his head, and he started to think about the impressions he got from seeing the Royal Military and the House Athena soldiers.

I'm more impressed with the House Athena soldiers than I am with the Royal Military soldiers. If I were to guess which of the groups would win in a battle with the other I would guess that the House Athena soldiers would win. Seeing that their armor had more of a violent and organized vibe.

As Paladin was thinking to himself, Archer, Lady Diane, and Jingks walked up the stone steps and approached Paladin. Each of them were wearing their armor. From Paladin's viewpoint Archer was standing in the middle of the three, with Lady Diane on his left and Jingks on his right

"Paladin, what are the impressions that you are getting from the army assembled to fight the Icarus Cult?" Archer asked.

Paladin crossed his arms as he listened to Archer and as he continued to look at both of the armies.

"I'm more impressed with House Athena than I am with the Royal Military. They have a particular vibe that come with them. However, looks aren't as important compared to protecting yourself in battle and having experience," said Paladin.