Chapter 129: Fun times ahead

On the stone road next to the white steps of the Mansion, the carriage that would hold Paladin, Archer, Noxious, Lady Diane, and Ashley was parked. The carriage was painted white, with a golden trim around the window frames and door frames. Inside the carriage, was red leather seats on both sides of the passenger area. Sitting on the driver's seat of the carriage, a man wearing the black outfit of the Royal Servants was sitting down, with his two white stallions strapped in front of him that were calmly waiting to leave. Highclere, Omega, and Jingks patiently were standing next to the carriage, while looking at the brown door of the Mansion of the Inquisition. As the door from the Mansion opened, Paladin walked out and down onto the white steps. He was wearing the armor of Cesar, Excalibur sheathed in his scabbard at his right side, with Delta sitting on his right shoulder pauldron. Paladin walked down to the three of them, and as he walked down, Royal Servants were walking by them constantly, carrying the equipment, luggage, and everything else needed for the journey.

"You ready for the long journey Paladin?" Jingks asked.

Paladin chuckled and when he stopped walking forward, he stood in front of Jingks, Omega, and Highclere.

"Not really, I think you're already aware Jingks that I'm not a big fan of long journeys."

"Don't worry Lord Inquisitor, I made sure that the carriage selected had enough room for you and the others to be comfortable on the inside," Highclere spoke with confidence in his voice, as he had his hands interlocked together behind his back.

"I don't think that will be the issue Highclere," Jingks said.

Highclere then turned to his right and he looked at Jingks.

"Then what is the issue, is it something we can fix?" Highclere asked.

Jingks quickly shook his head, recognizing the issue was not fixable.

"For the issue to be fixed, you would need to swap out the two Inquisitors leaving for Seaport with Paladin. Last time we went somewhere--the journey we took to find Omega, the carriage was stopped so many times that the trip to Anvil was probably extended by a day or two."

"A day or two? Jesus, I'm glad that I wasn't there for that," Omega said as he crossed his arms.

"What specifically happened?" Highclere asked.

Quickly, both Paladin and Jingks shook their heads. Then at the same time, they both spoke.

"Let's not go into the details of what happened."

Omega nodded his head, quickly recognizing that neither one of the other Inquisitors wanted to talk about what happened. Likely, since it gave them both bad memories.

"Anyways Paladin, don't worry about us back here at the Mansion. Me, Jingks, and Highclere have already spoke about everything that will need to be done. I'll be handling any threats that come about against the Domain externally, while also dealing with the criminals back in the Capital City. Jingks, is going to be handling the training of our future Militants, while also focusing on politics and most internal affairs. While Highclere, will be dealing with the finances and assisting Jingks in the politics that arise."

Paladin crossed his arms and nodded his head, acknowledging everything that was being told to him by Omega.

"Sounds like a good plan--"

Paladin was then interrupted, as the doors of the Mansion slammed open. Walking out together from the Mansion, Archer and Lady Diane were side by side. Their hands were close to each other, almost touching. Together, walked down the white steps, the two of them almost in sync. When they arrived at the bottom of the steps, they stopped when they were next to Paladin. Archer looked back at the Inquisitors and Highclere, giving a confused stare back.