Chapter 95: Coalition vs The Icarus Cult

In the Green valley that was home to the monument of the Great Burning Minotaur, the deadly battle between the Icarus Cult and the Coalition of Armies was taking place. Maroon armored dressed soldiers from House Athena were charging in organized formations at the White cloaked Cultists, Cultists with white cloaks that were completely white outside of the golden symbol of Icarus, that was a circle with separate sharp horns on its top and with an expanding arrow on the bottom of the circle that was in the center of their cloaks. Both the White cloaked cultits and the Maroon dressed House Athena soldiers were holding their swords high up at the sky as they charged forward. Leading the charge from the front of the House Athena soldiers was Darius and Highclere, both of whom who were charging forward with each other side by side. When the Armies reached each other, the swords of two kinds were clashing at each other, regular long steel bladed swords and snake shaped like steel blades were clashing with each other. Icarus Cultists standing behind the wall of White cloaked cannon fodder made to protect them were coming together and were casting large balls of fire down at the House Athena soldiers. To counter the Icarus Cult's attack, Battlemages standing behind the wall of House Athena soldiers lead by Ava would cast down blue shields made of water above their armies that would absorb the attack and would protect them. On the other side of the battlefield, soldiers dressed in the dull grey Royal Military armor were charging forward at the wall of Icarus Cultists in front of them. When the Icarus Cultists casted large balls made of fire at them, the Royal Military had no counter and the soldiers dressed in the dull grey would be roasted alive till they were dead while fighting the Icarus Cultists that were directly in their face. The snake shaped blades cutting down the Long steel bladed swords in front of them as if they were slaughtering a defenseless sheep. Standing behind the Royal Military's attacking formations was Captain Cassius who had his arms crossed while he watched his army fight, standing beside him was Creedo. Creedo was wearing the Royal Knights' silver plated armor composed of a chestplate, gauntlets, pauldrons, and greaves. Creedo's silver armor had silver trimming that outlined each piece of armor. On top of Creedo's armor was a white cloak with no hood that was wrapped around the side of his armor and is completely covering his back. The white cloak had purple trimming that was outlining the edges of the cloak. Standing behind both Creedo and Captain Casius were more formations made of men that were wearing dull grey armor, men that were awaiting their orders. Men that were awaiting for their life to end.

"Captain Cassius, what is your strategy here? Seemingly, you are just using those men as cannon fodder and leaving them to die painful deaths." Creedo asked.

There was a brief silence between the answer that Captain Cassius gave Creedo, since Captain Cassius with his eyes was analyzing the battlefield in front of him.

"That is my strategy. Using overwhelming force to weaken them, then send in the big guns...the big guns being the Royal Knights. My expectation is that by the time that we run low on regular soldiers the Cultists will be so weakened that there won't be a single loss of a Royal Knight--" Captain Cassius watched as the formations made of the soldiers wearing dull grey armor that charged forth earlier at the Icarus Cultists started to thin. "Fifth group! You're up!" he yelled.

Suddenly, the men behind Captain Cassius started to charge forward at the Icarus Cultists, yelling and having their swords raised towards the sky as they did so. Captain Cassius watched as his men charged forward, and he was calculating in his head the amount that would have to die in order to break through the lines.

I must say I'm surprised by the amount of coordination the Icarus Cult has currently, I didn't expect them to have such a strategy. Nevertheless, I'm willing to sacrifice thousands of men just to break that line. Assuming that Thousands is going to be the needed amount.

Fighting in between the Armies of the Royal Military and the Armies of House Athena was the Inquisition. Paladin, with his left foot on the back of a Cultist that was standing up pulled his Rapier sword out of the back of the Cultist in front of him. When Paladin's rapier sword slid out of the body, the Cultist fell to the ground. Paladin looked in front of him, he watched as a group of six Icarus Cultists charged forth at him. He then held his Rapier sword up with his right hand, and held his left hand at the six Cultists charging at him.