Chapter 99: Slaughtering of the Coalition

Paladin with Omega standing by his side was standing on top of a green hill, he was overlooking the area ahead of him that was around the Great Burning Minotaur with an entire formation of soldiers that consisted of both House Athena and Royal Military that were behind him. All of the soldiers had their swords out from their scabbard and each of them were holding their swords in their right hands, each of them waiting for the signal of attack. Paladin with his arms crossed looked on at the battlefield, and he was watching as the last few soldiers from the Royal Military that were sent to be sacrificed were being finished off. The Great Burning Minotaur finishing off the last group sent to be sacrificed by crushing them with the bottom of his left foot, grabbing a few of the soldiers in a giant bunch and squishing them to death. Paladin could hear their screams of anguish, while he wanted to turn his eyes and look away, he never did.

Your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Paladin's eyes roamed around and he was able to see the formations created to support his charging formation, a formation was created twenty paces away the was composed of battlemages lead by Lady Athena to his right, and when he turned to his left he was able to see the formation of Archers created to his left. As Paladin looked forward again at the Great Burning Minotaur, he noticed that the Great Burning Minotaur was standing still and was staring directly at him. When the Minotaur noticed that Paladin was looking at him, violently with his free left hand started to pound his chest while roaring loudly into the valley all around.

"I don't think he likes you Paladin," Omega said.

"You think?"

Omega chuckled at Paladin's response, and as he was chuckling Delta landed on Paladin's right shoulder.

"Are they ready Delta?"

"Paladin, I confirmed with the Archer and Lady Diane's team, and have confirmed with Noxious and Jingks' team, they are ready for the attack. Captain Cassius' formation of archers have been created, and Lady Athena's formation has been created as well. They are waiting on you to give the order of attack, or better yet they are waiting for you to charge first before they charge in," Delta said.

Paladin nodded his head, and he turned to look at Delta.

"Understood, but for this attack Delta I don't want you to be on my shoulder by the way. I want you to be far away so I can use eagle vision if needed," Paladin said.

Delta nodded his head.

"Understood Paladin, I'll be somewhere that gives you perfect visibility just in case you need to use it," Delta said, he then flew off Paladin's shoulder.

As Delta flew off his shoulder and away, Paladin would sigh and turn to look at the formation of soldiers that were gathered around him. Paladin pulled his Rapier sword out of his scabbard.

"Look, I'm not one for speeches and nor am I good at them. However, I'll put it bluntly for all of you. Look to your right, look to your left, two of the three of you isn't going to live to see another day. However, today that does not matter. What matters is something more important, what matters is that the Capital City and the rest of Humanity is able to see another day. We are the sacrificial lambs that will be used to preserve humanity and save it from destruction--" Paladin's voice started to get louder and louder as the speech continued. "We're the sacrificial lambs that have chosen to dedicate our lives to the protection of others! We're the sacrificial lambs that have chosen to kill so others do not have to! We're the sacrificial lambs that have decided to take the glory and honor all for ourselves! And God Dammit we're the sacrificial lambs that are going to charge into a fight with that motherfucking thing like retards and we're going to sacrifice our lives! You may not know the name of the person standing next to you but you're Blood and Battle brothers now. The history books will not remember each of your named, but they'll remember you as something else...the Soldiers of the Damned--" there was cheers among the formation of soldiers, and each of them raised their swords as yelled as Paladin finished his speech. 'So come with me Soldiers of the Damned! Come with me Soldiers of the Damned and let's kill that fucking beast!"