Chapter 109: Embrace each others warmth

Paladin opened his eyes, and he was looking up at the white ceiling of Lady Athena's bedroom. He stared at the ceiling for a few minutes, not turning to see who was at his right. Paladin could feel his heart beating, and he could feel the warmth coming from the bed. Paladin then remembered the night before, the events that convinced him to stay in the same bed with Lady Athena. He could hear the voice of Noxious, ringing in both of his ears.

Paladin, you jackass, you ain't getting your fucking room back. If you get your room back, then I get fucked over again. So listen, just deal with it, stay in Lady Athena's room. You fucking got it Paladin? If you don't fucking got it bitch, then I'll fucking bang it into your fucking head till you understand what I'm talking about. Now, what is your decision gonna be?

Paladin sighed, and he smiled while he looked up at the white ceiling. Paladin, then heard the sound of the bed sheets being moved from his right ear.

"Good morning," Lady Athena said as she rolled to her left side, and as she rubbed both of her eyes while she looked at Paladin. Her orange eyes looking straight into Paladin's brown eyes.

"Good morning Lady--"

Lady Athena reached across with her right hand, and she playfully slapped Paladin on the side of his head. While she slapped him, Paladin's eyes grew wide, and he quickly became flustered. As Lady Athena reached across, he realized that she was wearing only a black laced bra and no shirt.

"L-L-Lady--"
"Paladin, what did I say before? I made it very clear to you that when we're alone you are only to refer to me by my first name," Isabella then sighed.

"I-I-Isabella--why aren't you wearing a shirt? Don't you think that it is a bit uncalled for, especially considering that half of the bed is being occupied by a man?"

Isabella smiled at Paladin, while smiling, she placed her left elbow on the top of one of the white pillows, and then placed her head on the open palm of her hand. Isabella was blushing, as she was exposed to Paladin.

"Is there something wrong with me not wearing a shirt?" she asked.

Paladin, with both of his hands, quickly waved her off. Shaking his head side to side as he did so.

"No-No-No not at all, this is your bed and it's your--"

"Strangely enough Paladin, you didn't seem this way last night. Actually, it seemed as if you were encouraging it. Telling me that I should make myself as comfortable as possible, in whatever way I needed to. In all those positions..."

Paladin placed his right hand on his chin, and he started to think about what Isabella was referring to. Paladin then remembered, the last thing he remembered from the previous night. He remembered standing next to Jingks in a dark corner. He remembered Jingks holding a bottle in his right hand, a bottle filled with blue liquid.

Paladin, I've been seeing and hearing that you're still a bit beat up about the entire thing with Ashley and the Icarus Cult, so I'm gonna help you. In my right hand, is a special mixed drink that was given to me not long ago. A very special drink, and a very powerful drink. Now before you say no, it's not alcohol or anything close to it. It was a specially mixed up drink I believe by some magician in the Capital City, at least that is what Ava says. Anyways, take bottle, drink out of it, and get some relief. Have your guilt, anger, or whatever problems you have, make them disappear--if only for one night. Then deal with the problems in the morning.

Paladin's mind instantly raced, his heart started to race itself and started to beat faster and faster.

Oh no...that drink...did I do something stupid? Oh god, Isabella was making it sound as if I did something absolutely stupid. I didn't have...Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! I shouldn't have fallen into that trap that was laid out for me.