-0-

"Boo..."

I shuddered a little, jumping slightly in place. I looked up from the book I was reading to look straight into a pair of beautiful, amber colored eyes. In fact, I only saw them because the rest of my attacker's face was covered by a white mask with purple, wide lines on the cheeks, a few small waves on his forehead and stains of unwashed blood scattered here and there, which soaked into the plaster mass so deeply that it was no longer possible to lure it out. I sighed heavily, smiling under my breath, then closed the book, hoping that I could come back to it later today. The boy was hanging down his head, holding legs on to the metal structure of my bed. Man folded his arms defiantly and I could only pray in spirit that he would not fall.

"One day you'll give me a heart attack, I promise," I greeted him with a smile. "I guess I'll never get used to it."

"I invented a new ninja technique" he boasted, completely ignoring the fact that I had almost left this world for a stroke.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow eloquently.

"I devoted the last week to thorough study. Especially for you," he said mischievously, definitely heading towards flirting today.

"So I let you try it on me," said and put the book aside. Apparently, I couldn't spend Sunday the way I liked best - with a good piece of literature in hand.

"Ninja technique. One hundred kisses of Mark Lee"  he recited in a voice changed for the needs of improvisation.

"How many?" I started laughing out loud. The liquid gold hidden behind the mask brightened merrily, encouraging a dirty act. "My lips won't survive it," I groaned miserably, playing hard to get.

"Damn, Mark! You're now under the influence of my intricately constructed technique! You don't ask but you act, man," he joked.

I sighed, unable to stop smiling. I moved closer to the boy, lustfully licking my lips. I untied his mask gently from the back of head, wondering by what kind of miracle they hadn't taken it from him yet. Maybe it was his charm that affected all staff members so? I wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't have so strong will to forbid him anything as well.

"Hello, my little psychopath," I murmured seductively, admiring his wide smile.

"Mark" a woman's voice called me to the painful reality. I looked at the bed facing me. It was empty. It was empty for a long time. "Mark," she repeated insistently.

"I can hear," I murmured irritably, wincing at the sound of her annoying voice.

"Mom will come for you soon, so if you want to say goodbye to anyone, now is your chance."

"Understood" I whispered, not taking my eyes off the clean white sheets when she was still in the same place despite the passage of time. The girl sighed loudly, probably wanting to express her fatigue in this way, then left the room, closing the door behind her.

What are you doing?" I looked strangely at the brunet, who was walking on the snow with his mouth open.

"I taste winter" he laughed, knowing perfectly well that, as usual, he was full of stupidity. It was his way for getting me out of my depression, that he was naturally aware of. He grabbed my chin, pulling it down."Try it too. It's tasty."

"Okay, okay," I murmured, closing my eyes. I put them up to the sky, opening mouth.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" The brunet shouted unexpectedly, throwing snow right in my face. I was so shocked that at first I wasn't sure what had actually happened. I stood for a moment in a place completely paralyzed by coldness that totally dominated my whole body. Finally, I shook head several times and wanted to express my dissatisfaction when the boy pressed his lips to me, kissing cool white fluff away from it. I smiled to myself, quickly giving him back that undoubted caress. "And...?" He asked murmuringly, biting slowly on my lower lip.

"Tasty this winter," I whispered with a smile, unable to be angry with him.

I closed eyelids, burying head deep in my arms.

"Please, come back..."

~~

I'm not able to end Common Past, so it's the product of my inability to let go old story hahaha. Hope you enojyed this little something.