-16-

[september 2019]

[donghyuck]

I looked at the red light expectantly. I knocked slowly on the steering wheel with my index finger, probably stressing more than getting impatient with the whole situation. Marco has given me a more serious task for the first time since I found myself in this place. The first fully independent, also if something went wrong, the responsibility would focus only on me. On the other hand, I had no idea what could go wrong. The girl lay unconscious in the back seat and was to remain in this position for the next twenty minutes. 

Maybe I was just too suspicious. 

But I was trained to be so not without reason. 

I was trained to perceive everything as a potential trap.

One of Marco's main sources of income is, after all, white slavery, the resources of which are eighty percent young women. Their age ranges from thirteen to twenty, which fully demonstrates the degradation of this environment, since the demand is mainly for the younger ones. Man begins to wonder if the word woman is the correct term at this time, since not even one of these young girls should even think about sucking male's sweaty dick. Especially in such circumstances. The moment they end up in a brothel definitely defines their entire future. It is rare that they make any attempt to escape from the place where they found themselves. I have been fascinated with this phenomenon since I am here because at first glance it doesn't seem difficult. The brothel is much less protected than our underground, from which getting out is in fact only a dream. However, I think these girls are so shocked that they automatically lose the will to fight for survival. The same thing happened with people in labor camps or colonies. Amid a drastic change in living conditions and general intimidation, they were unable to resist. However, the phase of bewildering eventually passes but probably in this case the humiliation already reaches its climax and the will to fight completely disappears. At least I saw it this way.

Arriving at the house of one of Marco's friends, I looked in the mirror at the awakened girl. She was maybe fourteen and was so washed out of her emotions that she just stared straight ahead. In turn, I felt like the greatest barbarian, seting my hand to it. At the moment I was running a dirty business not only legally but mainly morally. However, it was a tying agreement. I had no other choice. Cruel survival instincts made these awkward decisions for me. The elimination of weaker species ruled our world at the root of primitive life. Nowadays, we only bear the name of proud continuators of this attitude.

I stopped the car at the back entrance to the villa of a man I knew under the name of Tony only from Minhyung's stories. It wasn't pleasant but Lee says I should know literally everything about Marco's close associates. What they do, how many people they have, where their family lives and how many of them is in the hause, where they spend their holidays, in what quantities they devote their resources to foreign exports. Even if I can't see them and probably never will, the basic thing is to recognize a colleague who can turn out to be an enemy every second.

In the alcove by the door, an unknown boy was waiting for me to take over the girl. Tony himself doesn't deal with such stupidity because, like Perez, he has his people from it. The man could not be much older than Mark but the relatively fragile physique was able to mislead me. The face couldn't be read much. Despite the lack of a material mask, he had his own, intricately arranged over all face muscles. Impatience flashed only in his eyes. Dressed in black from head to toe, he took the girl from me with a strong jerk and pulled her down into the dark corridor like a rag doll.

This exchange proceeded in silence.

~ * ~