-40-

[december 2020]

[hunter]

I stood quietly in front of the banquet hall door and carefully monitored the area. On the occasion of the upcoming holidays, Mr. Perez was organizing a family reunion. Family, because only the most important employees of the company were to appear there. Therefore, I waited impatiently for them.

I haven't seen Mark in almost a month. Neither he nor Steven showed up here at all. The only reason I was able to hear it was because they messed something up, so they have to face the consequences. I didn't know what the consequences were but since they didn't show up at work that long, they were either physically devastating or had some other dimension.

Finally Isabelle appeared at the end of the corridor. She was as dazzling as ever. She strolled loftily in a black tight dress and rocked her hips gently as if the carpet she was walking on was in fact a catwalk at a fashion show. A woman with no physical blemish at first sight. This fact should not shock - after all, she was the boss's showcase. Her beauty has always amazed me. Mr. Perez wasn't a particularly attractive or characterful man and rumors said that Isabelle was with him because of true love.

After a moment Mark appeared around the corner in a festive tuxedo. He walked slowly at first and kept turning behind him as if waiting for the rest of the crowd but then he noticed Isabelle in front of him and started creeping up behind her quickly, his expression focused. When man was right behind the girl, he slapped her ass with all his strength, immediately dodging the hit she wanted to inflict on him with purse.

"We may not live together anymore but reflexes remain," he said calmly. Isabelle snorted contemptuously. Their relationship seemed incredibly complex.

"Your better half is not giving you the ass that you keep getting on with me?" she asked mockingly, throwing hair straight in his face.

"You haven't changed at all." Mark shook head in disbelief. Even now, his face was absolutely emotionless and almost stone. "You're still just as cheeky and self-centered," he sighed in mock disappointment. Isabelle, for a change, began to laugh loudly and heartily.

"The saint has spoken," she said with amusement as they reached the hall door.

"Amen" Mark briefly folded his hands as if in prayer, then let the girl go ahead, closing the brass door behind him. I sighed softly.

He may be brutal and crazy but still a gentleman.

In less than fifteen minutes, Mr. Perez appeared with Steven at his side, closing the entire procession. Both men were engaged in deep and apparently very serious conversation. They were whispering frantically to each other, gesturing only slightly in the narrow space. The boss nodded his head every now and then, agreeing with almost everything his most valuable subordinate murmured in his ear. As they approached the door, Mr. Perez merely made a meaningful hand gesture that told me to go inside and Vernon to stay outside. I followed the men, turning my back to the inside of the room. When I closed the door, no one else was in the corridor. I was curious why the family gathering didn't include Haechan. Everyone in the basement seemed close to each other. After all, they were treated here like the elite.

"Hi" I heard suddenly behind my back. A violent shiver ran through me as I turned around and saw the brunet in front. I looked quickly behind, completely not understanding where he had come in and when he actually appeared. "Relax," boy laughed under breath as he locked the door.

"I didn't notice you coming in," I said completely honestly, biting tongue right away. Being my boss's bodyguard, I shouldn't admit to such things.