-x-

[3 years earlier]

[donghyuck]

I was sitting on the couch in Seth's garage and watching the boys slowly picking their equipment up after the band's rehearsal. They didn't play with each other long but they did it well. Apparently, teamwork was more important than the technique itself, which could always be worked out. I was glad that they accepted Seth, although with music he didn't have that much experience. I was afraid that after the accident he wouldn't find his place and hobby. Basketball has been his whole life since he was a child. Playing the guitar turned out to be no worse passion. At least it let him forget about the car accident and the coma that took him several months out of life.

"For now, Donghyuck," Kevin said goodbye, waving hand and Sam just smiled and nodded. We didn't know each other well yet, but we worked on it. I liked them. Finally, Seth and I were alone. The boy came up to me with the guitar and I stepped back, making room on the couch.

"I warmed it up for you," I said as he leaned in to kiss me.

"Medal boy" the blond laughed, joining our lips for a moment. He sat comfortably next to me and leaned over the guitar. "I learned the chords for the song you were talking about," he said, and I raised my eyebrows.

"So fast?" I was surprised.

"You promised me that you would sing for me as I learn," he reminded me, as if sensing that I wanted to postpone it. "I was determined."

"Yes, but..." I started murmuringly but didn't finish my thoughts. I didn't want to admit that I only wanted to somehow motivate him to develop and give up his thoughts of returning to basketball.

"You promised, sweetheart," he muttered, looking at me with the look of a beaten dog. I hated when he did it. These irises were able to convince me to do everything. I rolled my eyes, placing  frozen feet under the boy's thigh.

"Okay," I agreed, closing eyelids. In my life I didn't think that I would sing in front of anyone. Once, literally once, I gave up a moment on the radio, when Seth's mother decided to play the Korean station while we were making dinner. Yoo jae ha's song, which my mother loved, was playing and somehow I gave myself to oblivion. From that moment on, the blond was tormenting me every day to sing something to him. At the end of the tongue I already had riposte that he should listen to me as I was making up funcking ballads at his hospital bed so that he would only wake up, but he din't want to listen to me then. "Then start playing," I murmured, hiding my hands in the pocket of his sweatshirt. I moved to Seth, resting head on his shoulder.

"It may not be perfect, but..."

"It doesn't have to be, honey," I assured. "It's Korean anyway," I laughed.

"I read English subtitles on the internet," he assured me seriously, as if it were the mission of his life. I couldn't stop smiling.

"You're so sweet, swear to god...," I whispered, biting lower lip.

"I'm trying," he muttered, giving me a kiss. "Don't seduce me, just sing, you smarty," he said, and I started laughing. As usual, he deciphered me. Seth finally started playing and I quickly tried to remember the lyrics of the song I had told him to learn. I really liked listening to it when we started dating for real. It had such a romantic touch.

"I remember when we were yelled at for talking at the halls" I began to hum quietly, placing my head comfortably on the boy's shoulder. "I don't know why it was so fun even when we were being punished..." I closed eyelids slowly, listening to the calm melody played by Seth on the guitar. "The friend label is a label that I got to hate. The feelings I've hidden still remain as painful secret memory. The photos that can't define our relationship are a heartbreaking story. I'm sorry, summer, now goodbye... " I finished, sighing heavily. That was the case with us. For a long time I thought that our relationship would be a holiday crush. It was nice now to see that these fears were completely unfounded.