-78-

[september 2021]

[donghyuck]

Ever since I told Minhyung about my sleep problems as a result of our physical distance, boy stopped letting me go from grip of his shoulders during the night. It has its pros and cons. I did sleep much better, even with recurring nightmares (although it was rather due to the sleeping pills). Today, however, I had an appointment with Steven to dispose of Daisy's body. When I got a message I'm waiting around the corner, it was objectively difficult for me to come up with any plan to get out of Mark's embrace without waking him up. I unstuck him gradually. Slowly hands first, then my whole body, gently bettering the quilt so that the sheets won't cool down too quickly. I moved to the edge of the mattress and sat down to text Steven back. I needed a few extra minutes.

"Where are you going?" Minhyung asked fussily behind back. He grabbed my shirt but when I turned to look at him, boy seemed to be still deeply asleep.

"Sleep, baby," I whispered, caressing his cheek carefully.

"Hyuck..." he muttered warningly. I rolled eyes.

"We talked about it," I reminded him quietly. "Daisy," I added as he opened eyes to look at me suspiciously. Finally Mark sighed heavily.

"Should I go with you?" he asked, definitely more vigilant than a moment ago.

"No need, Steven's downstairs," I assured and got out of bed. Since I woke him up anyway, I didn't have to tiptoe around the apartment any longer. I pulled on the pants I had left on the floor the day before and quickly changed my shirt.

"I don't like it," Minhyung commented after watching me for a while and rolled over on his back, exhaling loudly through nose.

"What exactly?" I asked, watching boy carefully as I pulled socks over feet.

"Everything" shrugged. He sat down on the mattress. "I'm afraid to leave you alone," he told me after a moment of no effect eye contact.

"You're not leaving me alone," I assured, climbing back onto the bed. "Steven shouldn't hurt me," I joked. Probably with moral insensitivity, given the gaze of Minhyung I received in response. I suspected that the shadow that was once cast on our relationship in the basement would never completely disappear. "I can defend myself in case of need," I muttered, giving Mark a slow kiss on the cheek. Little affection always made him feel better. Thanks to it, I was also able to achieve more, when Mark was very opposed to something.

"I am painfully aware of it," he replied, kissing my lips firmly and with affection. I smiled subtly in response and Minhyung just sighed heavily and shook head from side to side in mock disappointment. "I see you back here in three hours," he said and I just nodded obediently. It was a very carefully calculated time. Almost to the minute but feasible.

"Yes, sir...," I whispered, bringing his lips to mine once more. I've been really thirsty for things for a long time. Mark's impatient hand under my shirt was also giving an answer regarding his needs.

Despite everything, we had to postpone these needs. There was a dead body waiting for me to be picked up, as Steven reminded us both of when he rang mercilessly in the middle of the night lovemaking.

"I wonder why she wanted to drag me down with her..." I wondered, looking at Daisy's face. I couldn't help but look into the bag before getting it out of the trunk. "She knew she was going to die. Why drag everyone else down with you?" I asked Steven, who was standing next to me, looking at the same dead face.