4

Aaliyah - A week later
While Rayne laid in her rocker I made a list of things I needed for my new house. Grocery's and furniture items were the first two things on my list. My manager found me two assistants and now I needed to find a housekeeper.

All in all I was excited about the move back to California because I felt like it was a new beginning. I was working again, I have a new home, and this was a fresh start for me as a new mom. I still had a few things I need to have shipped to me from overseas but besides that I felt content.
                                        •••
I pushed the shopping cart as I scanned the isle looking for some cranberry juice. I had a list full of things and I was almost done finding everything. The last thing I needed to do was place an order for a small cake. Rayne will officially be one month in a couple days and I wanted to celebrate.

I was doing something small and I wanted to invite the people closest to me. It was crazy to see her grow so quickly and develop all of these skills in a short time span. The only wish I had for her is for her father to come back before it's too late.

I pushed the cart a little bit further down the isle and stopped to look at some other juices.

"Excuse me I just need to grab this apple juice right here." A man said.

"Sure." I looked up quickly and looked back down at the juice.

"Aaliyah?" I looked back up.

"Santana.." I placed the juice in the cart.

"Damn uh I thought I'd never see you again." He smiled scratching his forehead.

"Same here." I said feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"I know this is really late but I owe you an apology for how I treated you and what I did to you. I don't expect you to accept it but I know in my heart you deserve that." He spoke and I nodded my head.

His eyes glanced over to the cart and back and me and then back to the cart.

"Who's baby?" He asked smiling.

"Uh...mine." I smiled and dryly laughed.

"Oh word congrats, that's you and Carti?" He pointed at Rayne.

"Nope." I shook my head laughing.

"Ohhh shit well she's cute and it's good to see you." He said.

"Thank you." I said and he started walking off.
                                         •••
I got home and had Linda watch Rayne while D'angelo helped me put up groceries. He was back in town for a few days and decided to visit.

"So what's new?" I asked putting up my fruit.

"Same shit different day I just been working as usual. How about you and lil baby?"

"We've been good I've just been getting everything together here. I have to hire some housekeeping soon too. I'm glad you decided to come in town too because I'm throwing Rayne a little party for turning one month." I smiled.

"Damn I can't believe she already one month." He shook his head smiling.

"Me either it seems like just yesterday I gave birth and I brought her home."

"Yeah for real, I actually been doing some digging on Jay." He sat down at the island.

"Really? Did you find anything else?" I turned around.

"Yeah I did actually and I spoke with him a few days ago." He scratched his head.

"Are you serious? Where the hell is he and why didn't he contact me?" I furrowed my eyebrows.