31

Aaliyah
March 6th, 2020
Today was my baby's first birthday and I was full of every single emotion possible. I couldn't believe she was already one and time flew by so quick. I was so excited for today because I've been planning and looking forward to this day for months.

Now that she was one she started to look just like Jason again just like when she was a baby. Her eyes had me mesmerized every time she looked at me. She was my little angel who I was so happy to have her call me mommy. Even with the lack of help from Jason and our relationship being shit I wouldn't trade her for anything.

After Jason popped up on me at my show him and I spoke in person on my last day in New York. Him, Ariana, Josiah, Rayne and I all met up and Rayne and Josiah met for the first time. They were both around the same age except Rayne was a few weeks older than Josiah. Him and Rayne definitely looked like siblings with different mothers for sure.

Ariana was still cool in my book and she even apologized to me for Jason not seeing Rayne which was odd to me. I got a hint that her and Jason were probably dating or working things out. Either way it goes none of that should stop him from seeing his daughter.

There were five hours until the party started so while the people were setting up food warmers, tables, decorations and other things I was busy getting Rayne together. I held her on my hip as I bounced her lightly singing my own little birthday tune to her.

"It's Rainy's birthday, it's Rainy's birthday!" I lightly sung and she clapped her hands.

I sat her down on the bed and started getting her bath together. I picked out her outfit days in advance so that was one thing I didn't have to worry about.

"Baby?" I heard from down the hall and grabbed Rayne.

"I'm in Raynes room!" I shouted loud enough so he could hear me.

I turned around and smiled hugging and kissing him. He had hella gift bags in his hands and I shook my head.

"All of this stuff was necessary?" I laughed.

"Hell yeah I had to ball out on little baby." He smiled.

Rayne started making noises and bounced up and down in her crib. I smiled as Carti picked her up and kissed her on the cheeks.

"Happy birthday lil mama." He smiled as he held her on his hip.

I took him from her so I could get her bath done and over with and get her dressed so I could start getting ready myself.

"It's hella niggas in your house you know that?" He asked following me into the bathroom.

"Yeah my security is out front and Laurie is making sure everything is going as planned." I placed Rayne in the tub.

"Aight I'm just saying." He laughed.

"Thank you for being concerned." I laughed.

"So is her dad coming today?" He asked.

"Yeah as far as I know he's coming."

"How you feel about that?" He asked.

"As far as what?" I turned around looking at him.

"Like him and me being in the same space." He elaborated.

"I really don't think it will be a problem plus you and him have spoken before." I said and he nodded.

•••
Rayne's party was almost over but a bunch of my family was here and of course my friends were here. Rayne had so many gifts I didn't know where I was going to put all of it. I was just so thankful that Rayne was surrounded by so much love. She was going to have such a good life and not just because of me but because she's surrounded by so many amazing people.