42

Carti - A few days later
I pulled up into Amethysts driveway and killed the engine of my car. I took a deep breath and got out walking toward her steps. I rung the door bell and stuffed my hands in my pockets waiting for her. She opened the door and I made my way in and followed behind her.

We walked upstairs into his room and you could clearly tell this was a boys nursery. I looked around the room and seen some ultrasound pictures on the wall. He was laying in his crib wide awake with a pacifier in his mouth.

"You can pick him up Jordan." She chuckled.

I picked him up and held him in my arms looking down at him. Last time I seen him I wasn't really paying too much attention to him. This time was nothing like the last time and now I was fully immersed in him.

"You can sit here." She grabbed some stuff off of a small recliner.

I sat down and looked down at his eyes that were blueish gray. I didn't know where he got his eyes from but it had to be her family.

"His eyes are crazy." I smiled.

"Yeah my great grandfather had the same eyes. It skipped his kids and everyone else but Ej got them." She smiled.

"So when exactly was he born?" I asked.

"April fourteenth, I got his birth certificate updated so he has your last name now. I have some ultrasound photos to give you too."

"Oh so he just turned three months?" I said and she nodded.

"Yeah." She smiled.

"Damn." I smiled looking at him.

I couldn't believe I was a dad even though this isn't how I would've wanted or expected things to turn out. My whole world felt like it suddenly shifted as I held him and thought about everything.

When I looked at him I felt the same way I felt about Rayne. I wanted to protect her and now I wanted to do the same for Elijah.

"Thank you for being able to look past what I did Jordan. I know I made a lot of mistakes and I am truly sorry. I'm thankful that he's yours though, and there isn't anyone else I'd want to be his dad." She leaned against the wall.

"I still don't understand why you did what you did but I forgive you. For the sake of our son I want us to get along as best as we can. All that other shit in the past can stay in the past. Anything you need for him I gotchu and anything I need to be there for I'll be there."

"Thank you for forgiving me." She smiled playing with her necklace.

"Can you take a picture of us?" I pulled out my phone.
•••
Aaliyah
"I guess when you're young, you just believe there'll be many people you'll connect with. Later in life, you realize it only happens a few times. It's only happen three times for me but this time..this time it's different."

"How so?" She asked.

I took Carti's advice and decided to see a therapist. This was my first appointment and I was nervous. After the first ten minutes and our introduction I got more comfortable. I felt safe and that's something really important to me.