14

Aaliyah
Raven stopped by my office so she could have her first fitting for her wedding dress. It had taken me months of fucking up, educating myself, and making mock ups to finally get to this. I was nervous to have her try it on because I really wanted to her to like it. She had given me multiple photos for inspiration and I think I did a good job of combining them into one dress.

"You see this is why I wish I had my studio." I rolled my eyes.

"This is fine Liyah." Raven laughed as I tied the back of her dress.

"If I had my studio you would have a decent place to change into the dress and a big ass mirror." I shook my head.

"What happened to you looking for studios?" She asked.

"I haven't found anything decent yet so I took a break from looking. Maybe after the wedding I'll start looking again." I stood back.

I fixed her dress and fluffed it out so it looked fuller. I grabbed her vail and placed it on her head and stood back.

"Okay now you can open your eyes." I smiled.

She gasped and put her hands over her mouth and I smiled. She turned slowly and carefully admired every part of the dress.

"Liyah this is beautiful thank you so much." She smiled pulling me into a hug.

"Aww don't cry Rave." I hugged her.

"This is better than what I imagined I'm really happy." She smiled and wiped her face.

"I'm really happy you love it I was a little nervous." I smiled.

"It fits just how I wanted it and everything." She smiled.

"Good I was worried about that too."

"I don't want to take it off but let me before my clumsy ass does something to it." She laughed.

I untied the back of the dress and then she walked off to get changed.

I felt my phone vibrate and I pulled it out of my pocket.

Carter
Hey wassup? I haven't really heard from u since Rayne's party and I just wanted to check in. If you're not busy tonight I wanna come see u I miss u. Hit me back when you can. -3:43pm

I smiled rereading the message and started typing up a message to send back to him.

"Alright I put it back in the garment bag and it's hanging up." Raven walked out smiling.

We both took a seat and started to talk about the wedding. I put my phone down and made a mental note to finish that text.

"I can't believe y'all are already getting married I'm excited." I smiled.

"Yeah me too and I'm glad everything is coming together smoothly. I just can't wait until the day comes like I'm so ready." She smiled.

"Me too I'm really excited for you both. I'm excited about it being a little vacation too." I laughed.

"Yeah that too girl." She laughed.

I looked down at my phone seeing I had a text from D'angelo but didn't pay it any attention.

"So what's up with you and Carti?" She asked.

"Umm nothing right now I mean we're really cool again. He wants us to date again but I'm just a little hesitant on that. I still have a lot of stuff to focus on and some healing to do still."

"Y'all looked happy at Rayne's party and it made me happy and excited for you both. Don't get me wrong Iggy was my girl but he was walking on eggshells around her." She said.