26

Aaliyah - A week later
I was back in Los Angeles and Carti was back on the road for a few more weeks. Today Jason has a scheduled visitation with Rayne and I wasn't looking forward to it at all. The visitation would be at my house and there would be a supervisor here. I hadn't talked to him since Ian hung up on him except for talking about this visit.

I held Rayne on my hip and walked downstairs making my way to the door. I opened the door and seen both the supervisor and Jason.

"Hi I'm Marie it's nice to meet you." She smiled and extended her hand.

"I'm Aaliyah and this is Rayne." I shook her hand and smiled.

We made our way into the living room and I asked if either of them wanted something to drink but they declined. I handed Rayne to Jason and he smiled kissing her forehead and cheeks.

"Daddy missed you Rayne." He smiled.

"I'll be in the kitchen doing some work let me know if you guys need anything." I said.

"Wait I wanna talk to you real quick." Jason said.

I turned around and took a seat across from him and crossed my legs.

"I'm not trippin on that shit no more but I don't appreciate the way your brother got in our business." He looked up at me.

"And I don't think he appreciates the way you speak to his sister. You don't see a problem with the way you speak to me Jason?"

"Yeah I was out of line for the way I spoke to you but nobody needs to be in our business. How come you didn't answer the phone for two days?" He asked.

"I was in Atlanta and some stuff happened and I ended up in the hospital. I didn't have my phone with me while I was in there."

"What happened you straight?" He asked.

"Do you really care?" I asked laughing.

"Yes Aaliyah." He responded.

I sucked my teeth and looked away thinking about what I was going to tell him.

"There was a robbery at the house and I got hurt. I'm fine now, Rayne is fine she didn't have any injuries." I decided to keep details to a minimum.

"You say that like you fell and scrapped your knee Aaliyah. Your house was robbed and you got hurt. Whatchu mean you got hurt what happened?" He asked.

"It doesn't matter Jason I'm fine." I tried to dead the conversation.

"That's all you had to say when I was on the phone witchu." He said.

"You didn't give me a chance to Jason you immediately started yelling and cussing at me." I laughed.

"Alright I'm sorry." He sucked his teeth.

"Don't apologize do better Jason." I said and he nodded.

"Rayne is turning one in three months what we doing?" He asked.

"I've been thinking about a few things but nothing is solid right now. We can talk about it later I need to get back to work." I stood up.

"Aye wassup with me and Carti meeting? I know that's who you was in Atlanta with." He said.

"He said he was down to talk to you so I guess when he's free and you're free we can set it up." I responded.

"See if he free now while I'm here." He suggested.
•••
I sat in my kitchen feeding Rayne some snacks while Jason and Carti had their conversation. I was nervous as hell because I didn't know how their interaction would go. I really didn't even want them having a talk but I had to understand where Jason was coming from.