7

Aaliyah - Mother's Day
Today was a very special day and I've been very excited all day. I planned a mother's day dinner at my new house and had everything catered. I was ready to celebrate with the people in my life that love and care about Rayne and I.

I had all my friends invite their moms over for dinner and of course Raven brought her mom too. Everybody loved Rayne and she was showing out a little bit today too. She was a babbling up a storm today and fussing a little bit.

We decided to open our gifts before dinner to get that out of the way and literally everybody bought me something. I didn't expect many gifts but that warmed my heart that I got so many.

"This was so sweet thank you guys so much." I smiled holding Rayne.

Everybody stood up and scattered except for D'angelo.

"Wait there's one more I saved this for last." D'angelo said handing me a big gift bag.

"You bought me two gifts?" I laughed taking the bag.

"Nah this is from Jay." He smiled and I looked at him in shock.

I pulled out the envelope first that was inside of the bag and opened it seeing a letter he wrote.

Dear Liyah,
Happy mother's day love, I wish I could be there to celebrate you with Rayne. I pray that my mom is watching over you and Rayne for me every day. I hope you enjoy your day and I hope you enjoy the gifts I had D'angelo pick up for me. I got some money stashed away and I gave him access to that so he could get you these things. I got two items that's are really special to me for you and Rayne and I hope you take good care of them. I love you to the moon and back shorty, see you soon.
XOXO Jay

I smiled and folded the letter back up putting it inside the envelope. I pulled the tissue paper out of the bag and seen two small velvet jewelry boxes on top. I opened the first one and it was a gold necklace that had a virgin mary pendant attached.

I opened the other box and there was a gold ring in it with green emerald stones all around it. The jewelry looked almost antique but they were beautiful pieces.

"What is this for?" I looked up and D'angelo smiled.

"These are two pieces of jewelry that was his mother's that he wants y'all to have. The ring is yours and the necklace is for Rayne when she gets older." He explained.

"Are you serious why would he give me these? These are very important to him I can't take these." I said feeling emotional.

"He wants you to have them Liyah I don't know the logic behind it. I think it'll mean a lot to him if you keep these and protect them."

I nodded my head and took the ring out of the box and placed it on my right ring finger. It was very beautiful I couldn't believe he wanted us to have these. Knowing his mom died and she was the only family he had anything of hers had way more value than anything in this world to him. That made me think about how much he really cared for and loved Rayne and I and the value we held to him.

"The last thing is a regular gift so don't worry." D'angelo laughed.

I nodded my head and unwrapped the box pulling out clothes for Rayne. They were so cute and I was so thankful for how thoughtful he was.

"Thank you." I got up hugging D'angelo.

"For what I didn't do nothing." He laughed.

"For doing that for him I know that means a lot. It means a lot to me that you're doing it for him. Thanks for being a big help to me as well because you don't have to do that." I smiled.