Patrol

Lez go

Y/N's POV:

I walk around a town with my blaster in my hand. I was sent on a patrol with Sid, Natalie, and Brock. While Ace provides overwatch on a tower.

Sid: So you two are fresh out of boot?

Natalie: Yeah that a problem?

Brock: Just don't crack under pressure.

Sid carries a shotgun of sorts, Brock has an LMG while Natalie and I carry our standard issue rifles.

Natalie: So what happened last time around?

Sid: Some guy in red clone armor was attacked at a bar. Riot ensued and we tried to stop it. The crowd in a drunken rage pulled their guns on us and yeah. We lost 5 troopers.

Brock: And killed at least 37 armed assailants.

Y/N: Rebels?

Brock: Rebel sympathizers. And rebels alike.

Y/N: Rebels are nothing but cowards. Hiding in crowds, hitting and running, don't they see they're trying to overthrow the only peace this galaxy has seen?

Natalie: My house was shot up during a firefight. Rebels gunned down my boyfriend.

Brock: And it's shit like that, that makes me glad I wear this armor. I despise the rebels.

Sid: I'm just looking for a fight.

A blaster shot whizzes past us and hits a green faced rebel in the face.

Ace: Two more on the rooftops I don't have an angle on them.

We quickly get behind cover.

Ace: I'm reading a large movement coming from below you.

I look down and see a sewer system.

Y/N: Ah shit.

Grenades fly out from the openings and I catch one and throw it back into the sewer. Sid kicks the grenades away. The grenades go off and dirty flys at us.

Brock: On the roofs!

This pink alien looking thing stands up with a rocket on their shoulder but is instantly shot in the heart by the Ace.

Ace: Are you guys still okay?

Y/N: Yeah we're alive aren't we?

Natalie: We can't stay here. On me let's move.

She begins to push away and I follow behind her completely trusting her.

Brock: What're you two doing?!

Y/N: Getting out of here that's what!

Sid: Ah fuck it!

The four of us push forward. The streets are empty as we watch for any movement. That's when Natalie stops.

Natalie: Trip wire.

I bend down and examine the wire. Brock, Sid, and Natalie take a knee around me. My head follows the wire to a parked transportation cart.

Y/N: That carts rigged with IED's.

I follow wire further and see it leads around a corner.

Y/N: Rebels are hiding around that corner. No idea how many.

Ace: Heads up I see movement in the building across from you.

I look up and see a glare of sorts.