Kraval

Leeesss goooooo

Y/N's POV:

I sit in the medical wing of the Bismarck. My wounds are mostly healed but Jane's aren't. Apparently when they first arrived they had to put her into a medically induced coma.

I hold her cold hand wanting to desperately hear her voice. But we don't always get what we want do we? There's a knock at the door.

Y/N: Come in.

The door opens and in comes the red haired beauty.

Avilla: Commander. Your needed in the briefing room.

I sigh and hang my head. I then stand up and place Jane's hand under her blanket.

Y/N: Right, will you be joining us?

Avilla: I shall be in attendance yes.

I nod and we walk out of the room towards the briefing room. I close my eyes as the memory of Jane blowing up is still fresh in my mind.

Avilla: Are you okay Commander?

Y/N: I'm fine.

She grabs my arm stopping me. I look down at her and can feel her eyes boring into my own. She looks over my armor and even runs her fingers against the scratches left by the Rakghouls. Her palms find the blaster burns from the hell that I've crawled through.

Avilla: Your armor tells a tale Knox.

Her hand trails the curves of my helmet.

Avilla: It tells one of pain.

She places her hand on my pauldron.

Avilla: One of triumph.

She places her hand against the bloody hand print I got from the hell hole we just escaped.

Avilla: One of hardships.

Her hand comes to a stop at my neck. She pulls out my dog tags and traces my name, id number, blood type and date of birth.

Avilla: And one of sacrifice. Knox...Y/N? Can I call you that?

Y/N: Go for it.

Avilla: Y/N I see you for what you really are.

Y/N: And what's that? Because I sure as hell don't know who I see in the mirror.

Avilla: Your the man who leads by example. Your the man who can not be kept down. The man your men need. The man who is ready and willing to put his life on the line for those around him. And the one who will always do what is right.

Her words slam into me. And she looks up into the black sockets of my helmet.

Avilla: That is who you are Y/N. Now let's go.

Y/N: Right.

We walk into the briefing room and I find my battalion already in there along with two TIE squadrons. One that I notice in the group is Slip.

Avilla: I believe everyone is here commander?

I look around the room and do a quick head count.

Y/N: Yes Ca-

I look at her new ranking proudly displayed on her chest.

Y/N: Admiral.

Avilla: Well then let's go to it.

She walks up to a board and turns on a projection of a planet mostly covered by water.

Avilla: This is the planet Kraval. As you can see it's primarily made of water, however there are islands scattered throughout the planet.