✯fifty-eight✯

"true courage is not knowing when to take a life, but when to spare one"

The last few weeks had been crazy, to say the least. Cleo, Remus, and Luna had almost permanently moved out of the Three Broomsticks, and had been living with quite a few other order members in the safe house, which was Caradoc Dearborn's home. It was large enough and he had it to himself, and as an order member, was one of the first to offer up his house as a means of safety and lodging.

Although it was weird, as Luna and Cleo shared a room on the third floor of the home, directly across the hall from where Remus and Sirius were sharing a room. Luna and Remus wanted to share a room together, but knew that, for the sake of their friends, couldn't dare force Sirius and Cleo to spend time alone together.

And while Sirius and Cleo were on speaking terms, Cleo was trying very hard not to get sucked back into the circular trap of loving Sirius Black. Hard as it was, she knew that letting herself love him would result in her imminent death.

Dumbledore had sent Cleo, Remus, Luna, Marlene, and Sirius on a few small missions, with the help of some aurors from the Ministry. They were led by a man named Alastar Moody, or as Fabian and Gideon decided to nickname him, "Mad-Eye". He had a glass eye strapped to his face with a leather belt that would wiggle and whirl all over the place, and he had a knack for being able to see in front of him and behind him almost all the time. He was aggressive and crude, but everyone knew he was kind regardless, and passionate about the cause.

The group of teens and Mad-Eye apparated and landed in what looked to be an abandoned courtyard. The group stood, staring at Moody for a moment as he stood silently, looking around. They felt the breeze surround them, and a little shiver went careening down Cleo's spine. She shuddered; Sirius put his hand on her shoulder and looked at her with concern, but she shook her head and gently shrugged his hand off.

"This way," Moody gruffly whispered, and headed East, down a road with a determined look upon his face. Houses lined both sides of the road, showing that they were in what looked to be a pretty nice muggle neighborhood. Cleo was the first to follow him. Sirius knew how determined she was as well, but watched her from behind, keeping a close eye on her.

No matter what he told himself, he loved her. He always would, and now his mission was to gain her trust and friendship back so that he could tell her. He had realized quickly over the course of the 8 months that they were apart that he couldn't do anything without her, and he was just as determined to get her back, as she was for revenge.

A loud crack made the group stop, wands pointed, but James, Lily, and Peter all put their hands in the air and yelled for them to stop before anyone cursed them accidentally.

"Good God, Potter," Moody growled, "we coulda hexed ya, you half-wit."

"Thank God you didn't?" James shrugged, throwing an apologetic smirk at the man.