✯fifty-nine✯

{I will adore you until the day I pass

{I will adore you until the day I pass. That, I am certain}

The girl in the mirror stared back at the woman in front of it, eyes full of determination and longing. There were creases by her mouth, evident from the laughing that she had been doing all her life. She examined her face; admired details in her hair, observed the mischievous glint in her eyes, followed by the curvature of her nose, the freckles splayed across her cheeks, down to the most minuscule of details in the coloration of her ruby red lips. With a final breath and a nod back at herself, Lily Evans took a step back, hands running along the divine fabric and intricate lacings of the white dress that hung on her slender body.

"Lily?" some voices from behind the bathroom door called out. Her girls were waiting in the room for her to re-enter. "C'mon, we want to see you now!"

She glanced in the mirror one last time, fixed a stray hair, and rotated her shoulders back so she stood taller. For the first time in quite some time, she felt absolutely beautiful.

She opened the door to find Cleo, Luna, and Marlene clustered around the door, and as soon as Lily opened it fully, the room filled with loud gasps, and Marlene clapped her hands together and squealed.

"Well?" she breathed, waiting for her best friends' approval.

"Well," Luna started, eyes wide and a smile on her face.

"You - are - gorgeous," Cleo sighed, wiping a stray tear that fell down her porcelain cheek.

"Holy shit," Marlene gasped, for that was all that came to her mind as a reply. Lily's anxious face immediately lit up and she grinned. She was getting married today.

Across the Potter house, a dark haired boy with crooked glasses was fixing his tie in the mirror. His hands were shaking, and it took him a few tries to actually tie the damn thing. As soon as he did, he placed both hands on the sides of the sink and hung his head, letting out a great breath. He took his glasses off and rubbed at his eyes, all fidgety signs showing that he was incredibly nervous.

"You almost done, mate?" his best man knocked on the door. Without an answer, Sirius stepped in anyway. "Bloody hell," he whistled, "if I wasn't straight..."

"Shut up, Padfoot," James sighed, but cracked a grin anyway. 

"How are you feeling?" he asked, his tone taking a more serious one.

"I don't know," James replied. His hands hadn't stopped shaking since earlier that morning.

"What don't you know?"

"I don't know... if I can do this."

Sirius' eyes widened. "What are you talking about? You've only been dreaming of this day since we were 11 years old-"