Ch 24 : Nightmare

Maria's POV

After so many years I had the same nightmare. When will they stop haunting me? With so much difficulty I tried to forget everything. But I know it's back again.

Calm down Maria, that was an accident. And overall Nia told me that she is fine now. They are not the same.

But for some reason I'm scared. What if they are the same? Is this the reason, why Zain married me?

Ya Allah. Astagfirullah.

I checked the time and it was my time to pray Fajr. I did my ablution took my prayer mat and prayed. Even though Zoya made my life miserable, but I still prayed for her. That's what my religion teaches. I prayed for my parents, my siblings, my in-laws, and my husband.

After praying I felt a lot better. Sleep wasn't coming to me. So I cleaned the room. I showered and informed the maid that I was going out for a walk.

I jogged to the nearby park. I sat there and took in the fresh air. Whenever I'm disturbed or depressed I jog, which helps me release my stress. I sat on a bench near the small lake. It was Thursday so the park was not crowded.

My phone rang and it was an unknown number from London. I didn't know who it was, but I picked it.

" Hello? Assalamualaikum"

"walaikum assalm" and I knew it was my husband.

"Zain?" I asked softly.

"are you okay?" I was confused about why he suddenly was asking me this question. He called me to ask about my health. Unbelievable.

" Alhamdullilah. You?" it slipped from my mouth.

"where are you?" he was interrogating me, without answering my questions

"I came out for a walk."

"go home, now" he ordered out of the blue.

"after som-"

" I. Said. Go. Home." he said pausing in every word.

Allah save me from him.

"I'm going" I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

I went home furiously.

What does he think of himself!! Arghhh! Ordering me. Sleep on the floor, go home, clean this mess, do this, do that. As if I'm his slave.

But wait a sec, why did he call me now, when I was out. Did someone tell him?

************************

I did all my household chores and lastly, when I was tired I went to my room to relax a bit. I made my bed and soon went to sleep.

My sleep broke because I felt someone was watching me. I went out of the room. And the corridor was pitch black. I went back to my room and searched for water, but the jar was empty. I went down to the kitchen to fill my jar. I took out some ice cream from the fridge and sat on the counter. I finished my ice cream and went back to my room.

2 days left for him to return.

I tried to sleep, but still couldn't. I turned from left to right all night. And finally, after doing this for the past 2 hours, it was time for the prayer.

*************************

"We are going out today?" said Alisha sticking her fork in the grilled chicken.

"why?" I asked taking a bite of my sandwich.

"for shopping"

"umm - OK, sounds good" finally I can go out.