57: I'm So Lost And Torn

Maria's POV

" Did you go to the doctor?" Nia asked taking all the files from my hand, and keeping it on the table.

"yes" I said.

"what did the doctor say?"

"That I'm weak, I need to rest blah blah blah" I rolled my eyes.

"what blah blah blah? Tell me no" she snarled.

"okay, so she did prescribe me some medicines and gave me some vitamin capsules." I handed her the box.

"hmm, okay, one tablet before dinner, I'm making you food, What will you have?" she asked.

"no don't, I have to meet Zain" I said.

"now?"

"yeah"

"like now now?"

"yes Nia now!"

"hmmm... A date?" she asked.

"not really, I don't even know why am I going"

"Look your best"

"I don't want to"

"why not? Show me that pregnancy glow" she chuckled.

"oh shut up"

******************
I got ready wearing my comfortable clothes, with a matching pair of flats. I took my purse, phone and headed to the elevator.

"Is he coming to pick you up?" nia asked.

"yep"

"should I come with you?"

"No"

Just one day she got to know about my pregnancy and she is so possessive about it.

And I feel so tired, never felt this tired in years. All these rushing and hormonal changes are tiring.

But It is the most powerful creation to have life growing inside of you. There is no bigger gift.

There is beauty in the madness of becoming a parent I guess.

On my way out my phone rang. I picked it up and it was Rashid.

"Assalamualaikum bhaiya" I greeted.

"walaikum asslam, listen I'm coming to pick you up, I need to get into your cabin for my laptop, but it needs your fingerprint." he said.

"but I have plans today."

"I'll drop you in 15 mins, my laptop is important Maria I have a presentation tomorrow"

"okay fine"

I have to call Zain. Shit.

I dialed his number but he wasn't responding. What on earth was he doing?

When I again dialed a car approached in front of me.

"get in" Rashid bhaiya said.

"plz 15 mins bhaiya"

"yes yes"

Zain's POV

My breathing hitched when I saw Maria getting into another man's car.

I don't want to ask her about it because she will instantly say that I am being paranoid, but I can't seem to get that image out of my mind. I want to speak to her about it but can't, because of how she will react. At the same time, I don't even want to meet her because it feels as if she is laughing at me. I don't know what to do. Should I just end this relationship?