Ch 58 : The Sky Is Romantic

Zain's POV

I don't know why she wasn't shouting at me. She just kept walking out of the building and, just kept walking. Guilt arose in me, once again I fucked things up.

Why do I have trust issues? Why did I again jump to conclusions?

She looks so furious. I'm scared to call her.

I have messed up too many times and cannot deal with it. I can't make amends. How do I get over the guilt and grief?

I don’t want to lose her.

I don't ever want to lose her.

She is the greatest blessing I have ever had in my life, and I wouldn’t want the world to take her away from me. She is more the just someone to me, she is my person.

Having her in my life taught that the best things in life are not things, but people, and she, luckily, are one of them.

I must have done something incredibly right in my old life that I get to have her in this era. She is the most precious human being that God has given me. And I'm thankful for it.

If anyone else thinks otherwise, well, they probably haven’t felt what I feel. I hope one day that everybody gets the chance to have someone in their lives that will love them as much as she has made me feel loved.

She has become a great part of me whom I can’t afford to lose. This is a once in a lifetime love and I intend to keep it forever, even longer than forever.

The world has its ups and downs, the paths ahead of us won’t always be spotless. It will be grainy, stormy even, but that’s what makes her worthy; she always helped me overcome all the typhoons inside of me and all the disasters the world has to give.

I will take all of her, of us. I will be her light, as she is to me. I will be her strength and her courage along the bumpy road. I will be there for her. I will hold her tight because, no, I don’t ever want to lose her.

"I know I screwed up, but can I explain myself" I finally asserted.

"what more Zain?" she yelled, looked at me with her watery eyes.

" I get jealous, I get mad, I get worried but it's only because I love you" I admitted and she sighed.

"please keep walking" she said.

"We can go by car if -" she cut me off.

"Can you stop being your billionaire self for one fucking day?" she growled.

"sorry"

We walked in silence.

For long miles, we walked in silence
staring down the dark-filled road.

Maria's POV

Honestly, I don't have the vitality left in my body, this everyday drama will seriously kill me one day. And it's having a bad impact on my baby.

When I thought I was ready to talk, I wiped my tears and gathered my courage.

"I'm not mad at you Zain, I know you were acting possessive" I softly uttered.

"yeah?"

"But you shouldn't have acted like that" I finally stopped walking and faced him.

"I'm so sorry" he apologized. " Can you forgive me and give me a last chance?"

"Zain, It’s much easier to forgive other people; we learn to do that as children. As we grow mature, we also grow to realize when people hurt or betray us, it’s not a reflection on our shortcomings, it’s a product of the other person’s insecurities and flaws. We’re all only human, bound to mess up from time to time. Holding grudges is bad for the soul." I blinked.