Ch 38: You Smell So Nice

Maria's POV

I was drenched in water, I stood in the lobby shivering, hands folding around my chest, to cover my assets if you know what I mean.

The manager of this hotel already knew Zain, so it wasn't a problem to get a room. And from the hotel, I mean Hotel Atlantis. Yes. When I heard that we are going to stay in this hotel, I thought I was daydreaming. I pinched myself multiple times to make sure I wasn't 'dreaming'. And he on the other hand behaved so coolly. And after all, who am I kidding? Obviously, my husband has stayed here before, so not a big deal for him.

From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with a warm welcome and introduced to several staff within the hotel. From then onwards the experience of our trip just got better and better. The all-inclusive food was amazing and they provided us with an extensive choice of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Further to this, the hotel offers a wide variety of water activities from snorkeling to kite surfing. Day or night there is always something for guests to do.
It was overwhelming.

The 1,548 room nautically themed resort has two accommodation wings, consisting of the East and the West Tower, linked together by the Royal Bridge Suite. Over 1500 rooms and an area of 47 hectares (116 acres).The design repeats the famed double Royal Towers of the Bahamas property. The centerpiece of Aquaventure is the towering "Ziggurat" with multiple waterslides, including Leap of Faith, a near-vertical waterslide ending in an acrylic tunnel in a shark-filled lagoon. Two pools are exclusively for guests.

I have never been here before and yet I know so much, how? Because I googled by getting connected to the hotel WiFi.

I sat in one of the nearby couches, where there were other peoples as well. A kid was sleeping on her mother's lap, one couple was drinking coffee, some were on their phones, and others were talking.

I crossed my legs and waited for Zain.

"Are you cold?" he asked looking behind me, but was referring to me.

"kinda" I said rubbing my arms.

He took off his coat and wrapped it around me. I looked back to see where he was staring and found an old creep staring at us.

Weirdo!

"let's go" he said forwarding his hand.

"sure" I said taking his hands in mine.
So warm.

Sometimes I wish if we had met under different circumstances, maybe we could work out, maybe.

A staff led us to our room and handed us the card after swiping it on the sensor next to the door.

"have a comfortable stay, sir" he said to Zain and, Zain nodded.

It was a 2 room suite, way too big for 2 people to stay. a private bedroom and a separate living room with a sleeper sofa.

This bedroom tends toward what most people might envision when they dream of luxury. Rick purple tapestries on every surface, a perfectly polished marble floor, and lots and lots of gold leaf.

While having more money might seem like a one-way ticket to all the happiness you could handle, it doesn't hurt to bring in some cheerful colors, too.

I thought if I were married to an engineer or something, would I ever get to live here?

"Hey, are you okay?" Zain asked while waving his hands in front of me.

"yep" I said popping the p,though he didn't look convinced.

After 5 mins we heard a knock on the door and Zain went to see it, he came in with some bags.