Sacrifice

I walked along the streets, staring down at the pavement. I didn't care that I was bumping into other people. They were in my way. In my way of what? I exactly had no place for me to go. No one wanted to care for me after what they witnessed. It was something horrifying that made all of my family members get rid of me. No one wanted to care for me. 

I was born with a mutation. I wasn't like the others in the family. The family had a long line of quirks that helped people. Either it be regeneration, healing abilities, or reconstruction. On the other hand, I had the complete opposite of their quirks. I had the quirk known as Destroy. Just as the name suggests, I destroy things. I can't put them back together. I destroy everything I touch. Literally. 

They found out about this when my father had scolded me for leaving my toys out and not putting them away. I sat there, angry that he was yelling at me. He told me to put my toys away at that instant. As I was doing so, my quirk manifested and my toys were destroyed. That made me cry harder. My father was confused and tried to console me. However, when I touched him, his entire body was destroyed. My mother came in and saw the room and me covered in blood. I was so confused and scared of what happened to my father. Once she cleaned up the room, she placed me in my room and never talked to me. I lived in solitude for over ten years after that. At the age of fifteen, I had created friends within my own head. Which wasn't good for me since I lacked any proper social skills. 

When my mother finally got the courage to talk to me, it was her last mistake. She walked in and tried to apologize to me about how she treated me in the past ten years. She treated me like I was a disease. She treated me as if I wasn't there. She barely talked to me and she didn't give me a lot of food when I needed to eat. Whenever I needed to use the bathroom, I had to be careful not to make a sound. She was afraid of what I could do. And I could see that when she walked into my room. She was shaking from head to toe and her voice was cracking here and there. I knew she wanted to get rid of me, but I got rid of her. Just like my father, her blood stained my clothes. I stared at her with a lifeless look in my eyes. Ever since she locked me in my room, the gleam and glow in my eyes became dull and gray. I stepped over the pool of blood and walked towards the door.

Now I was wandering the streets. In search of a place to live. In search of someone. I didn't care who it was, but I needed someone to look after me. Since I did not have a job and no one wanted to hire someone who can destroy things, I couldn't really care for myself. And without the proper training, I lacked knowledge on my destroying quirk. As I was walking down a street, I passed by an alleyway. I wasn't paying much attention since a little girl ran into me. She immediately fell onto her bum. I looked over at her and knelt down in front of her.

"A-Are you ok?" I asked.

She looked up at me and then behind her. I was about to reach out to her, but she had this look of fear in her eyes. That fear reciprocated in my eyes. I was afraid that I was going to destroy her if I touched her. So I didn't. I pulled my hand away from her and she seemed to loosen up. 

"Eri," came a voice from the alleyway. "I hope you're not causing that young lady any trouble. Let's go home."

Eri looked terrified as she glanced at the man who was coming up behind her. He looked down at me. He had this plague doctor looking mask. He was well dressed compared to Eri. Eri's arms and legs were covered in bandages. She was wearing what looked to be a hospital gown. And her hair looked like it hasn't been washed in weeks. Maybe even months.

"I'm sorry about her," he said to me. "She's so clumsy that I don't know how I can keep up with her."

"I-It's alright."

"I hope she didn't cause any trouble."

"S-She didn't."

"Say, what's a young girl like you doing out here alone?"