True Feelings

A/N: So I thought I had changed the ending of this chapter but it apparently didn't save and I accidentally uploaded the old version. I couldn't find the new ending so I had the tweak what was written just a little bit because (spoiler alert) Dani does go to the Simon Stagg award ceremony with Barry and Iris. Only the ending is changed and not even that much so if you want you can reread it.

Barry sped through Central City, running towards a fire. At S.T.A.R. Labs, Cisco watched Barry's vitals and gave him directions.

"Barry? Barry!" Cisco yelled.

"What? Did I miss it?" Barry tapped his earpiece.

"You overshot by about six blocks," Cisco informed.

Barry sighed. "My bad." He ran the other way. 

Outside the building, residents stood around worrying about their loved ones. One woman, in particular, searched the crowd relentlessly, calling out for her daughter. Barry ran past the crowd and into the building. 

"You there yet?" Cisco asked over comms.

"What are you doing?" Caitlin suddenly asked from behind Cisco.

He jumped, shutting all of the monitors off. "Nothing."

"Who were you talking to?"

"No one."

"Are you talking to Barry?"

"Who?" Cisco tried and failed to play dumb.

"Barry Allen? Struck by lightning? Was in a coma for nine months? Woke up being able to run faster than the speed of sound? Ring a bell?" Caitlin questioned.

"No. Haven't talked to him." Cisco blatantly lied.

"Cisco, there's fire everywhere!" Barry shouted through the comms. "Cisco, are you still there?"

Caitlin and Cisco both looked toward the desk speaker where Barry's voice emanated from.

A little girl walked out into the hallway Barry stood in. She called for her mom and Barry didn't think twice before racing to get her. He brought her outside along with a few other trapped residents; all before the fire department arrived.

Barry ran down the street, hiding in an alley. "Everybody's out. What else you got for me Cisco?"

Caitlin stepped up to the microphone, pressing the button that allowed her to talk to Barry. "Barry, it's Caitlin."

"Hey, Caitlin. How's your day?" Barry tried to avoid being scolded.

"Get back to S.T.A.R. Labs. Now." Caitlin ordered.

"On my way." Barry nodded. He started to run but a dizzy spell clouded his brain. Barry held his head, groaning. Then he shook it off and sped over to the Labs.

"Have you both lost your minds?" Caitlin questioned angrily once Barry was back. "Who do you think you are?"

"Well, I'm the eyes and ears, and he's the feet," Cisco explained.

"This isn't funny. You could have gotten yourself killed. You can't be running around the city like some supersonic fireman."

"Why not?" Barry asked. "This is what we talked about: Me using my speed to do good."

"We talked about you helping us contain other people who might have been affected by the particle accelerator explosion. Meta-humans. Specifically rogues. And aside from Clyde Mardon, we haven't found any." Caitlin ranted, making sure to place emphasis on 'rogues'. She knew that Dani and Barry were friends but she didn't know how close they were and if Barry would turn on Dani of he found out that she was a meta.