A New Hero In Town

Dani checked herself out in the mirror after she changed. She stared in awe at her suit. She looked like a total badass.

"Dani, hurry up. We're running out of time." Zander's voice warned from the other side of the door. Dani sighed, her nerves creeping back up on her.

"Coming." She called. Dani followed her brother back into the cortex, feeling shy as everyone turned their attention to her.

"What do ya think?" Cisco questioned with a piece of licorice in his mouth.

"It's amazing. Thank you." Dani smiled. "So, where's Barry and Snart?"

"They're on the train heading out of Central City," Caitlin informed, showing Dani the monitor. The meta nodded, taking a step back.

"Wish me luck." Dani took one last glance at her friends and family before teleporting to the train.

Dani appeared on the train, behind Barry, just in time to watch Captain Cold use his cold gun to derail it. She and Barry hid their eyes from the blinding light of the beam that the gun emitted.

Once the light died down, Cold was jumping off of the train and everyone in the train car was screaming in fear.

Barry surveyed the scene, finally noticing his brunette friend behind him. "Dani?"

"Hey." Dani greeted. "What's the plan?"

"Get everyone out if here," Barry told her before speeding off to do just that.

Dani nodded in reply. She glanced around the train car, finding a little girl curled up next to her unconscious mother. Dani immediately ran up to them.

"Don't worry. I'm here to help." Dani spoke to the frightened little girl in a soothing voice. She held her hand out. "Take my hand."

The little girl did as she was told, grasping Dani's gloved hand. She smiled at the little girl, placing her hand on the mother's shoulder and teleporting the two outside.

"Stay here." She ordered, teleporting back onto the crashing train.

As soon as Dani reappeared in the train car, it started going sideways. She quickly reached out to the nearest person, teleporting them to safety before doing the same thing five more times.

By the time the train had completely crashed, Dani and Barry had gotten everyone to safety. Dani stood, hands on her knees, panting as she watched Barry run from the wreck and get knocked to the ground by an explosion. Panic rose within her when she noticed Snart aiming his gun at Barry. He fired, freezing Barry's mid-section.

"Pretty fast, kid, but not fast enough." He said. "Thank you."

"For what?" Barry panted.

"You forced me to up my game, not only with this gun but with how I think about the job. It's been educational."

Dani was about to teleport over to them when a familiar group came up behind Snart.

"Drop it," Cisco ordered, holding up some time of device so that it was aimed at Snart's head with Caitlin and Felicity holding the rest of the machine behind him. "This is a prototype cold gun, four times the size, four times the power."

"I was wondering who you were talking to." Snart turned to Barry.

"Hey, unless you want a taste of your own medicine, I'd back the hell up." Cisco threatened.

"Your hands are shaking." Snart noticed. "You've never killed anyone."

"There's a first time for everything, Captain Cold." Cisco countered. "I will shoot you."