Blackout

Barry leaned against the doorframe to the cubby that held his suit. He sighed, hearing Caitlin's footsteps come up behind him. 

"You think I'll ever wear it again?" He asked.

"I hope so," Caitlin replied honestly. She may not have been very supportive of Barry being the Flash when he first started out, but now she could see how happy it made him and how complete he was.

"I didn't have my speed for very long, but now that it's gone, it feels like part of me is gone too," Barry admitted, stepping away from the suit.

"With or without your speed, you're still you, Barry," Caitlin assured.

"But I'm not." Barry shook his head. "I'm not the best version of me. I love being the Flash. I love everything about it: the feeling of running hundreds of miles per hour, wind and power just rushing past my face, being able to help people. I'm not sure I can live without it, Caitlin."

Caitlin opened her mouth to respond when Cisco and Cheyanne interrupted.

"Farooq Gibran," Cheyanne announced.

"Who?" Barry questioned.

"The powers vampire who hijacked your speed," Cisco informed.

"I hacked into the surveillance footage from the Petersburg substation. Once we got his face it was easy to find a match." Cheyanne added, handing a tablet with Farooq's information on it to Barry.

"He climbed an electrical tower the night of the accelerator explosion." Barry read.

"No surprise where his powers came from," Caitlin remarked.

A beeping alarm drew the group's attention to the main computer desk. Cisco ran over to it, looking for the cause.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me. This is not happening." Cisco groaned.

Caitlin, Barry, and Cheyanne walked around the desk, staring at the security camera feed Cisco had pulled up in shock. Farooq stood at the S.T.A.R. Labs entrance, demanding that Dr. Wells let him in.

When no answer came, Farooq threw his arm out toward some nearby generators. The doors blasted open and Farooq waltzed right up to the machine, grabbing a cable in each hand and sucking in so much power and energy that it caused a city-wide blackout.

"That's not good," Cheyanne muttered. Suddenly, a loud bang sounded from somewhere else in the Labs.

Barry's head whipped toward the sound, everyone's worst nightmare coming true. "He's inside."

"I'm calling Dani." Cheyanne took out her phone already dialing the number.

"No, Cheyanne, she said she wasn't ready. We can't try to force her into suiting up again." Barry shook his head.

"Well, then, what do we do?" Cheyanne questioned

"I'm gonna try Joe," Barry replied, taking his phone out. He tried Joe's number several times with no answer. He moved on, trying Zander's number and other coworkers. He still didn't get an answer. Finally, he tried Captain Singh.

"Not now." Singh's irritated voice answered the phone.

"Wait. Captain Singh, I've been trying to get in touch with Joe, Zander, or anyone at the precinct." Barry said.

"There's a, uh, hostage situation, Barry, and Joe and Zander are inside. So's Iris. I'll call you when I know more." Singh informed, hanging up.

"Wait--" Barry tried to stop him but it was too late. He sighed, looking up at the others. "Joe, Iris, and Zander are in trouble. I need my powers back now."