Visions

"Okay." Barry sighed. He and Dani had just walked into the cortex after locking Hartley away. For good this time.

"How do you feel?" Caitlin asked the duo.

"I'm all good," Dani answered.

"Fine! I mean there is a little ringing in my ears, but other than that I'm good, so..." Barry yelled, trailing off when Caitlin placed a hand on his arm.

"You're speaking very loudly." She laughed.

"Sorry."

"It's okay, it'll pass," Caitlin assured.

Cisco stood up, high-fiving Barry and turning it into a handshake. "Nice moves, you two." He fist-bumped Dani.

"Thank you, Cisco." Dani smiled.

"Thanks," Barry said at the same time. "But it's really Dani who deserves all the credit." He turned to her. "How did you even do that anyway?"

"Do what?" Dani asked.

"Make a duplicate," Barry answered.

Dani chewed in the inside of her cheek, realizing she never brought up Astra and had to explain it now.

"That wasn't a duplicate," Dani admitted. "It was the Astral Plane."

Everyone stared at Dani with confusion.

"Dani... did you hit your head or something?" Cheyanne asked

"I'm not crazy." Dani rolled her eyes. "Her name is Astra. I met her after I got stabbed in the alley. She's the living form of the Astral Plane."

"Why didn't you say anything before?" Caitlin furrowed his eyebrows.

"Because I was in immense pain right after and we've all been dealing with a lot since then." Dani defended.

"Why did she look like you?" Barry questioned.

Dani shrugged. "She said it 'felt right'. I don't really know. But she's taught me a few things and showed me a lot more."

"What does that mean?" Cheyanne crossed her arms.

"It means, I've seen dozens of metas get their powers and committing crimes. But I also saw some other pretty great stuff." Dani smiled.

"Like what?" Dr. Wells finally joined the interrogation.

"Just bits and pieces of the future." Dani's gaze fell to Caitlin then Barry. "Good bits and pieces."

Barry's hands slipped into his pockets. He noticed the look in Dani's eyes. It was a mix of happiness and sadness. "What did you see?"

Dani opened her mouth to answer but a quiet whisper stopped her.

"Don't. They can't know. It would change the future."

Dani recognized the voice as Astra's. She assumed she was the only one who heard it because she still received expectant stares from everyone.

"Just... a lot of happiness." Dani finally answered. She smiled, thinking about the pure bliss on Caitlin's face at her wedding and the pure love in Barry's eyes when he looked down at his future daughter and the excitement on her own face when she tried on wedding dresses. 

"I should go," Dani said suddenly, snapping out of her thoughts. "See you guys tomorrow." She waved goodbye to her confused friends, feeling guilty for keeping such wonderful moments a secret.

Then her thoughts drifted to the one vision that didn't fit it. The boy racing.

Dani had never seen his face before and the moment wasn't exactly a great one. She shook her head, pushing the memory away. It wasn't important right now. What was important was her failing relationship. That's what needed her attention.

A/N: Sorry this chapter is so short but it was either this or make the previous one really long.

Thanks for reading and leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed this chapter!