The strongest need it the most

A door opened.
Todoroki carried her into the room and placed her on the bed. Her body shivered before he covered her with the warm blankets.

Ahsahi leaned against the door with his arms crossed, watching Todoroki with disapproval. *It should be me* he thought.
"You can go home, she is fine with me." Ahsahi said, hoping the guy in front of him would take the hint.
"I'll stay." Todoroki answered, still oblivious.

"Why do you keep insisting?" Ahsahi's arms dropped to his sides, his tone now changing.
Silence filled the room.
"Are you gonna answer?" Ahsahi got frustrated. He had never acted this way before, and he himself wasn't sure why he was acting this way.
Todoroki gave a delayed answer, "I don't need a reason to worry for my friends." Todoroki said calmly and sternly as he gave his superior a side glance.
Ahsahi squinted his eyes, "Yeah, whatever. It's getting kinda late though."
"I've made my decision." Todoroki looked back at Yuan.
Ahsahi sighed loudly, but he wasn't moving from his spot until either Todoroki's left or Yuan woke up.

A question bothered Todoroki as he stood there though.
"Do you know anything about Yuan's mom, or why she left?" Todoroki chose his words carefully.
"What are you talking about?" Ahsahi stood confused.
Suddenly they heard the blankets rustle and they immediately turned to Yuan who was sitting up in her bed. She rubbed her eyes.

"It happened again didn't it?" The girl looked up at Todoroki, her voice sounded sullen.
"Mhm hmm." Todoroki nodded.
"This has happened before?" Ahsahi rushed over beside her.
"...yeah." Yuan gave a late response.
"Why didn't you tell me?!" The guy had disbelief in his tone.
"Because this would happen and you'd freak out on me." She folded her arms.
"Your an idiot." Ahsahi closed his eyes. Maybe a hint of smile behind his licked lips.
"Wait why are you here?" Yuan suddenly realized that the boy with red and white hair was in her house for no reason.
"I needed to..." Todoroki began but then stopped as he was interrupted by Ahsahi.
"Since Rin was so worried I thought it would be good to invite a friend over. He said he wanted Todoroki, and he happened to be nearby." Ahsahi looked at Todoroki with stubborn eyes.
Todoroki didn't say anything.
"That sounds like Rin." The girl laughed gently.
"We will let you change, I'm going to tell your dad your up." Ahsahi walked towards the door as he motioned Todoroki to follow.

Ahsahi stopped in the hall.
"Whatever you need to talk to her about, is going to wait for after the exams. She is stressed enough. Got it?" Even though Ahsahi was a kind bubbly guy, he was training for the military. He was tougher than he appeared.
"Yeah, I got it." Todoroki said in a rough tone.
"You can go now like you said, since she's awake." Ahsahi looked forward and kept walking, his attitude gone.
Todoroki stood there for a few seconds before his feet moved for him.
Before Yuan knew it, the boy was already gone.

Time skip Monday morning:
"Yuan, I'm taking the day off today. Good luck on the exams, love you." Her father waved her off.
"Love you too dad, bye!" She closed the door, leaving silence in the house. Rin was still sleeping.

The phone buzzed in his pocket as the father sat on the couch. He reached for it.
Unknown, but he answered anyway.
"Hello?"
"Haven't talked in a while huh, Ikashi?" The deep voice talked through the phone.
"Unfortunately I can't say I'm happy to hear your voice, Kitsu." Ikashi responded.
"What's wrong, we used to be such good friends way back when?" The manipulative man faked friendliness to a certain degree.
"What do you want?"
"I only want to know one simple thing. When are you going to tell her?" Kitsu slowed his voice.
"I told you to stop interfering with my family!" The protective father exclaimed.
"I'm only looking out for her, after all." On the other side of the phone, this strange man sat in the dark. Bright computer screens lit his face as he twirled the phone cord. A pitch rang into the mans ear.
"How rude, he hung up on me." Kitsu placed the phone down. A chuckle escaped his lips.
"Too late."