Enough to win

The walk home that night was strange.
The ash blonde was right beside you, but at the same time it felt as if he wasn't. It didn't feel real.
Especially when you found what was waiting for you at the dorm.
Everything could change.

Bakugou was in front of you, walking up the front steps to the dorm.
You reached for his hand and stopped him, your face just slightly flushed,  "thanks for today, and here's your jacket." You slipped if off, and immediately shivered as the wind whipped your hair.
"Tsk, don't do that idiot." He turned his wrist and grabbed yours, pulling you up the stairs and quickly pulling you inside. His larger hands were icy.
The heat hit your face, providing comfort to your frozen body, "Your cold, aren't you?" You asked knowing he wouldn't admit it straight up.
"What kinda hero would I be if I couldn't handle simple cold weather." He closed his eyes as he faced away from you.
"Wow, thanks." You retorted with a tik mark on your face. He had basically put you down.
"I didn't mean it like that, it...it's my job to make sure your okay. So I'll take the cold, if it's for you dumbass." He seemed nervous as he spoke, reaching his hand up to his neck and gripping it. Oppose from his usual narcissism.
(Nice save.) you thought in your head, just a hint of sarcasm, "hmm." Was all you could mutter.

Nothing was said.
"It's quiet, too quiet." You said with skepticism.
"Yeah, those idiots are usually obnoxious." Bakugou agreed.

Bakugou stood still as you moved your legs slowly through the hall towards the living room.
Your feet making almost no sound as you waited to peer around the corner.
The anticipation killed you as you finally made contact.

Your eyes widened as you saw the still bodies of your classmates propped against the couch. Frozen and unmoving. The TV on mute.
"What's going on?" You asked.
No one responded or even acknowledged you, causing you to turn around and look at the ash blonde with a puzzled expression. He shared your confusion as he came beside you.

You turned silently to him before looking back at your classmates and approaching carefully, sliding into the middle of the surrounding couches. You stood in front of the TV.
Your eyes immediately turned to Midoriya.
"Hey, what is this?" You touched his shoulder gently.
You were startled as you watched him flinch and look at you.
"It's Endeavor...he" Midoriya stopped.
"He almost lost." Kaminari finished the sentence.
"What the hell does that mean?" Bakugou stood in the distance.
Your eyes widened and you immediately reached for the remote sitting on the table.
You crouched down as you unmuted it.

"Endeavor has been omitted into the ICU unit, we pray for his safety and will follow up later on his condition...it's too early to loose our newest symbol of peace." The news caster spoke.
A shadow covered your face as you clicked the button, watching the screen go black.
"What the hell?... we didn't know." you whispered.
"Snap out of it. They said he's being taken care of right? A guy like him won't ever loose, he will be back. So quit brooding and get over it already. It's pathetic... all of us are better than this." Bakugou said sternly.
His words caused some movement, the clenching of fists and narrowing of eyes.
"He's right. He'll pull through. He always does." Kirishima added as he stood up.
"Thanks man." The red spikey haired Kirishima looked to the ash blonde as he stood up.
You finally realized the obvious. Where was Todoroki?
"What about Todoroki? Where is he?" You stood up too, looking at Kirishima.
"He stormed off somewhere, after we watched the fight. He broke down." You turned around to hear Ururaka's answer.
Your eyes widened, you needed to get to him.
"Where?" You asked eagerly.
"He left the dorm, I don't know." She answered.
"Damn it..." you muttered before spinning on your heal and turning quickly.
Bakugou looked at you with surprise as you moved past him with such urgency.
"Where are you going idiot?!" He looked back.
"To find him." You answered.
"It's freezing dumbass!"
"I don't care." You disappeared to the hall and welcomed the biting cold as you opened the door to the outside.
You jogged down the steps, walking forward so you could see down the street of UA's campus, while simultaneously pulling your phone out of your thin coat pocket.
The phone rang as you put it to your ear, letting you frown as it went to voicemail quickly.
"You better not be where I think you are." You muttered aloud as you began walking, shivering.