The cruelist victories (republished)

I apologize for the inconvenience, but this previous chapter was accidentally deleted and I ended up having to rewrite the last published chapter. Changes have been made so I once again apologize for the people who have read the chapter, I understand it's confusing.

You were there, walking down the stone steps, following behind a boy you now called Shoto.
Your eyes traced his body carefully as he descended each step one by one, and leaving his hair flowing back as autumn wind caressed it.
Leaves flouted smoothly, almost dancing as the breeze carried them through the air. They performed in an assortment of colors that swayed beautifully with the moment of silence. Only as your eyes widened in awe, did you realize his body stop, both of his feet were planted on uneven steps as you faced his back.
"I want to say one more thing." He spoke with you to his back.
"I mean what I said before...", Todoroki twisted his chest and pivoted his feet on the steps in an assertive way, allowing his face to be shown as he turned to you.

"I still resent my father so much, even though I realize he's trying to make up for the past and pain he's caused me," He looked at the ground, "And to be frank, pain is all I have ever felt, until I met you

"I still resent my father so much, even though I realize he's trying to make up for the past and pain he's caused me," He looked at the ground, "And to be frank, pain is all I have ever felt, until I met you. but it also made me stronger. I'm on the path to becoming a better person, even if that means letting you go for now. But if there is any point in time when your not happy, I wouldn't hesitate to take you on again." Todoroki tilted his head up at you.

The cold breeze blew the wind out of your face, allowing red to creep up your ears, and no words to escape your parted lips.

After calming yourself down you summoned a smile.
"We'll see about that." You tilted your head and chuckled playfully.

Todoroki closed his eyes and smiled, "hmh." He muttered out.

A part of you was still conflicted as you seemed to come to a certain understanding. Things wouldn't play out as they seem.

The walk back to the dorm was comfortable, and somewhat silent. But he was smiling, genuinely, and that's all that mattered.

"So where have you two been?" Sero smirked as you walked into the living room beside Todoroki.
"We visited a shrine." He answered with a straight face and voice.
"You were totally doing something naughty." Mina poked in.
Your face immediately went red as Todoroki adopted a confused oblivious expression.
"No way!" You defended with a red face.
"She's blushing." Mina smiled at you.
"No...no I am not." You pouted.
Your attention immediately averted to the ash blonde who walked in from the kitchen area, hands in pockets as always.
He glanced at you for a few seconds before looking away to the other side of the room.
(What's up with him?) you asked yourself after your face turned a normal color.
"Well I have to pack for our break, see you guys later." You brushed the earlier conversation off and entered the elevator.

The truth was your clothes were already packed together, and your room wasn't the target.
"Let's see what his problem is?" You opened the dorm to Bakugou's room and closed it behind you. You then pouted as you sat onto his bed with crossed legs, waiting for him to come in.