Chapter 37

TODAY IS A VERY IMPORTANT DAY SO DON'T YOU DARE SCROLL OVER THIS! Today, NOVEMBER 23, marks the day that MARIA IS 16!!!!!!

So I was like "I could send a picture on instagram" but then I thought "Pshhhhhh I'll do it on wattpad because I can"

Maria is like the coolest person ever, and this is my super fun, probably annoying, birthday note to her so if you want to be a bastard, skip over it.

Maria:

You are one of the weirdest people I know, and it's really awesome. I don't remember how we really even started talking and became friends. I think it just happened....I don't even know... Even though I will complain till I'm blue in the face when people say they want to read my fanfiction, but I actually think it's really cool that you sat through all the crap of my books and idk if you really like my stories or not but it makes me feel pretty damn cool so thank you so much. You really are the best. You have literally sat through 144,986 words and 363 words pages of my stories (exactly). Like who else of our friends has done that? None of them. You are kind enough to deal with my shitty-ness in the mornings at school and will always fangirl with me over one direction. So this update is part 1 of your birthday present so enjoy it. The second part of your present is not only hella funny but it also is super creative (or at least I think it is) so you will like it or I will keep...choose wisely

and *sigh* deep down Miall or Naria is my otp so...;)

But NALEX FOORRREEEEVVVVVVEERRRRR

Long story short: I love you and I hope you have a wonderful birthday because you deserve the best on your very special day:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SUNFLOWER!

Love you!

BeLlA

Sorry this took so long I had a speech meet and I sucked but it is what it is

Alex’s PoV

I stay close to Niall as we walk into the large glass building. I keep my fingers wrapped firmly around his arm. I don’t want to do this, and Niall walking forward is the only thing keeping me moving. I don’t want to do this. I can't do this. They can't control our lives, right? Can they? I have no idea. I just want to get out of here and run away. I’ve never had an issue with their management, and I don’t want to start. Maybe they won’t be as bad as I am thinking they are going to be. Maybe they will completely tear us apart. I know Niall knows I am so nervous. I know he knows that I know that he is just as nervous as me. I am scared.

I watch people pass us. I feel numb as we walk into the elevator. The doors close, and I let out a nervous, shaky breath. I press my back against the walls of the elevator. “It’s going to be okay,” Niall assures me.

“But we don’t know that,” I rub my eyes.

“We don’t know how they will react to the whole situation,” Niall tries to keep up a positive view on the situation, but I am betting it is fake. Niall knows how badly this can turn out. He’s just much more optimistic than I am.

The elevator doors open again, and I feel nauseated. We could be totally fine, but we could also be in huge trouble. We didn’t directly talk to management so I have no idea how their tone of voice was. I grip back onto Niall’s arm. He pulls me forward down the long, narrow hallway. I shut my eyes tightly and bury them into his arm.

I can’t do this.

I can't do this.

I can’t do this.

I want to run away and hide, but I know I need to face this head on. I need to be strong. I need to, for once, face my problems without crying. I need to be courageous. I need stronger than the media. I need to be strong with Niall. I can't be a baby anymore. I feel like all I have done with my life is cry whenever something bad happens. I can’t be like that anymore. None of this has ever just affected me. Nothing in my life that has gone bad has only ever affected me. It affects everyone around me, and I can't be so selfish to think the world hates me. I can't afford to think like that now.