Chapter 10

Sorry that this is late. I've been so busy and have no time after school to write because I have practice till five thirty. I get home around six to six thirty, and then have to eat and shower. By that time it is nearly seven thirty and then I have homework till God knows how long...So I will try to update as soon as I can, but I can't make any promises.

DAVID ON THE SIDE! oppps did I spoil something;) he he! like the way Michael Jackson does...

Alex’s PoV

“We lose ourselves in the things we love. We find ourselves there, too.”

            -Kristen Martz

I believe this quotes was partially made for me.  I got lost in Lou. He makes me so happy, and when I spend one on one time with him, I feel happier and better than any other time. Lou helps me find myself when I have horrible days. When I start to question why I even get up out of bed in the mornings, I hear Lou’s feet on the hard wood coming to my room, and I end up smiling and quickly climbing out of bed so that I can see him. Lou helps find my true side. He helps bring out the side of me that I love. If anything happens to Lou, I am positive that I will lose myself. I can’t lose Lou or myself.

Seven more day until Lou can leave the hospital. The doctors say that he is making good recovery, and I am feeling a lot better. I feel less emotional and happier. Lou is smiling and laughing. The boys, Perrie and Eleanor all come by daily and stay as long as they can. Eleanor is usually with me the most because she doesn’t have a busy, demanding career. I like when she is here. We might be stuck in a boring hospital, but we talk and play with Lou. It helps Lou and also me. I feel lighter.

My phone starts ringing, and I see David’s name appear on the screen. I really want to answer, but I don’t think it’s a good idea. I really can't do a relationship. I can't! It is too much emotion for me, and on top of that, I am terrible with the whole ‘time management’ thing. I can't balance things. Let’s go with that.

“Are you going to answer that?” Eleanor asks.

“I don’t think I want to,” I tell her. Before I can reject the call, Eleanor grabs the phone out of my hand with a silly smile on her face. She answers before my reflexes can get my brain to move my arms to grab the phone back.

“Hello?” Eleanor wiggles her eyebrows at me.

“Eleanor!” I hiss quietly.

“Oh, this is Eleanor,” she smile grows to an evil and teasing one. “Oh sure, Alex is right here.”

Eleanor hands me my phone. “I hate you,” I growl before putting the phone to my ear. “Hello?” I ask. I start to chew on my nails.

“Hey,” David’s voice comes through. “Are you okay? I heard about what happened with your son.”

“Uh, I’ve been better. Things have gotten much better,” I glance over to Eleanor who is eagerly listening into our conversation. “One sec,” I tell David. “Watch him,” I motion to Lou who is playing with Hot Wheels Cars. I walk outside the room and stand in the hallway. “Sorry,” I apologize to David.

“It’s okay,” he says quietly. “Is there anything I can do to help in any way?” he still sounds quiet.

I sigh. “I mean…” I trail off. “I don’t know what you could do?” it comes out as more of a question, but I am sticking with it.

“I could be there for you as a friend?” David suggests. Yeah, you want to be ‘friends’.

I mentally slap myself in the face. Oh geez. “Okay,” I respond quickly.