Chapter 4 • Chit-chat

As soon as Sephy finished her incredibly quick shower, the girl wrapped the huge fluffy towel around her small form, trying to get rid of all of the water drops. She had tried to scrub off most of the dirt, but found herself missing some spots here and there as she simply hadn't washed herself like this in a long time. She didn't have the skill to.

Handling the temperature on the shower was something new as well; the water had gone from freezing cold to scolding hot. She didn't know how to get it right, but had felt too stubborn (and insecure) to ask for help. She just settled on the scolding hot water, that left her delicate skin an angry pink, instead.

Holding the fluffy towel tightly around her shivering form, Sephy brought her hand to the door, softly knocking on the white wood. "I'm done."

Shuffling could be heard as Namjoon scrambled to his feet, opening the door so that he could hand her the pile of clothes through the gap. "Here, you can put these on. They'll be too big, but at least they're comfy and warm."

A small hand appeared through the gap, accepting the clothes from the wolf-hybrid.

"Thank you."

If it wasn't for Namjoon's hearing, then he wouldn't have heard the almost shy words of gratitude. But he did, and he couldn't prevent the sweet smile from crawling on his face.

So cute.

Sephy shut the door, quickly putting on the clothes. A black hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. Both of the pieces had a little hole in the back for her tail to fit through.

As soon as she'd put the clothes on her trembling cold body, a calming scent that she recognized as the panther's, washed over her. Even though Yoongi had one of the smaller figures, Sephy still drowned in his clothing like Namjoon had predicted. She didn't think too much of it though, as long as they were clean.

Opening the door and waddling into the hallway, Sephy turned to blink up at the wolf-hybrid. He was biting his full bottom lip to stifle his laughter, eyes twinkling with amusement as he took in the girl's appearance.

It looked like the clothes were wearing her instead of the other way around. She was absolutely drowning in the material.

"Come here, let's roll those up. It'll be a lot easier to move around that way." Waiting until the girl had nodded, Namjoon knelt down, carefully rolling up the ends of the trousers. You still couldn't see her feet, but at least the fabric wasn't dragging behind her in a way that could trip her.

"There you go, you want your sleeves rolled up as well?"

Sephy doubtfully looked up at the wolf. She kind of wanted him to, but did she let him help her too easily? What if all of this was an act. They would have a good laugh at her for trusting them so quickly.

Restlessly swinging around the long sleeves of the hoodie, Sephy focused her gaze on the stairs.
Namjoon seemed to feel her switch in attitude, taking a step back and respecting her personal space that he had intruded a second ago. "You want to go downstairs?"

Sephy nodded, waiting for the wolf to walk first and following his tall figure down the steps.
Her ears shifted at a fast pace, trying to hear every little sound. She could hear the crackling of the fire, tapping of the rain outside on the windows and roof, people conversing, laughing, breathing, hearts beating; there was a lot at once.

"Ah, look at you all washed up! Such a pretty little face. We should chubby up those cheeks though. Let's eat something, okay?" Jin, who was waiting for the guests in the living room, stood up, ushering Sephy to follow him. They walked into the kitchen where he pulled back a chair for her to sit on.