Chapter 8 • Push and Pull

A couple of days had passed since Sephy and Tae moved in with the others and they fitted in perfectly.
Tae became close to everyone in no time which wasn't very surprising. He was very cheerful, funny, innocent and very easy to like. Though he also had gotten into an argument or two with Jimin.

The hybrids seemed to be in some kind of love-hate relationship; one moment they were bickering about the most useless things and the next they were cuddled up on the couch stating that they were soulmates and would never fight again. And that all in the span of four days.

Sephy was used to Tae's randomness, so she didn't think too much of it. Though the kitten as well had almost gotten into a physical fight with Jimin.

The desert fox had been bickering with Tae all morning long about who got to control the TV. Tae had asked Jin for permission to play the game that Jungkook had taught them. Jin agreed, not realizing that the show that Jimin watched every single Sunday was about to start.
The two started arguing and what started as harmless finger pointing, ended in angry yells.
When Jimin became a bit too threatening towards the red panda, Sephy lost her chill.

She hadn't appreciated his snarl, he hadn't appreciated her hiss.

Things heated quickly and they almost attacked each other if it wasn't for Yoongi and Namjoon splitting the two apart.

They had a serious talk after that which ended in a teary-eyed Jimin apologizing to a teary-eyed Taehyung. The two became friends again and as Jimin had said sorry to Tae, Sephy was fine with him. Though the stubborn Namjoon did make her apologize for almost punching Jimin's pretty face, which she eventually did with a lot of fiddling, eye-rolling and pink cheeks.

Violence was not the answer in the friendly wolf's eyes. Especially not with family.

Jimin was so over the moon with her adorably awkward apology, that he couldn't help but trap her in his arms. That was the very first time that she allowed him to shower her in his love, meaning that he curled around her like a little monkey cuddling their mother and didn't let go for a long time. Though it felt more like Sephy was a baby monkey as well, rather than the mother.

Where Taehyung had no problem fitting in with the family, Sephy had gotten used to them at a slower pace.
She now accepted Jimin's dying need to show everyone as much affection as possible, and felt comfortable around both Hoseok and Jin who were surprisingly caring and hilarious.
She absolutely adored Jungkook who turned out to be the same age as her; the two became a lot closer when they realized this. And she admired both Namjoon and Yoongi.
Though the latter didn't really give her a lot of attention. It was almost like he tried to interact with her as little as possible, not really interested in the kitten or maybe too awkward around her to function.

Sephy wanted to change that as she felt most comfortable around the panther's aura. She made up a plan, knowing exactly how to get the man's attention. She'd learned it from Manu, the alpha jaguar hybrid who'd raised her.

Push and pull.

"Yoongi? Can you help me cut the apple?" Sephy asked softly as she offered said man an apple, bowl and knife. Yoongi reluctantly looked up from his phone, a quick nod of the head showing the younger that he had heard her.

The panther nervously grabbed the piece of fruit and started cutting it, all the while deliberately ignoring Sephy's big sparkly eyes and cute grin. The little kitten had been acting strange around him all day and it made him very flustered. Yesterday evening, she had started to silently follow him around, observing his every move and smiling that heart-shaking smile every time their eyes met. Then this morning she had ignored him all breakfast long, to only bombard him with questions and cuteness after.