Chapter 14 • Serious Conversation

While Sephy and Taehyung were lazily snoring away upstairs, Jin turned off the TV downstairs, gathering everyone around so that they could have a serious conversation.

"What is it that you wanted to discuss, hyung?" Namjoon questioned, putting his book to the side and crossing one leg over the other.

Hoseok tapped Jimin's arm, motioning for him to put away his phone and pay attention. The six sat in a circle, all facing each other so that they could properly talk about whatever was bothering the eldest.

"Okay, as you might have noticed, both Tae and Sephy have been acting a little troubled. Especially Sephy. She doesn't want to tell me what's wrong, but I think I know. That's why we have some things to discus." Jin started, carefully choosing his words to make sure whatever he said was right.

"I noticed Kitty being very anxious today." Jimin agreed, showing that he was paying attention.

"Exactly. Think about this guys. We invited them into our home, told them we could be their family. It's a huge step that needs a lot of courage and vulnerability to take it. Even though they were doubtful at first, they still gave us the benefit. They trusted us enough to follow us home and look where we're at now. They are actually comfortable around us. From what I see we have grown to care for them as well." Jin glanced around the circle, raising an eyebrow in silent question if he was correct.

Jungkook was the first to agree, "Of course! I feel like they are part of our family and I am very happy to have a cute hyung and a friend my age." The cheetah's cheeks tinted the slightest of pink as he refered to the girl as a friend. He had never had a girl as a friend before.

"They are!" Hoseok agreed, "They're part of our family." The others nodded to show him they obviously agreed.

Jin turned to look at his friend, "But what kind of family?"

"What do you mean?" Jimin questioned. His eyebrows were pulled on a slight frown, lips pouting ever so slightly as he tried to understand the man.

"We promised that they could be a part of our family, right? But how must it feel for them to see us all kissing and clinging on each other? We haven't even told them we are in a relationship. And if we do, knowing that we invited them into our circle, what does that mean?"

Namjoon hummed in understanding. Jin was saying some very important things here. They had invited the two into their home without thinking about the consequences for their relationship. Did inviting them mean that they wanted the duo as their partners or simply as roommates?
"You think that is what's bothering them?"

"I'm almost a hundred percent sure. I have seen the troublesome gazes every time we were being affectionate and I honestly understand them. We haven't explained nor specified anything about this relationship, yet we asked them to join. We've taken care of them, bought presents and clothes, given them a room of their own and we initiate skinship with them. It must be very confusing and difficult to not know if you're intruding or not." Jin grabbed one of the bags of crisps laying in front of him, eating the salty snack to get rid of the worry inside of him.

And also because it simply tasted very good and he loved eating.

"And of course it's the other way around as well," Namjoon started, his fingers tapping his legs in thought. "We have left them in the dark, but we also haven't discussed among ourselves what we want."

Jimin leaned to his right, slowly lying down on his side until his head was resting on Jin's thigh. "I personally really like them....Can we be completely honest and state our thoughts about the two?" The desert fox spoke carefully, not sure if what he was about to say was crossing a line or not.