Seven

Omisha pushed her knees into Thorn's stomach as she sat up from the bed. His grip loosened and she approached the scowling face of Dr. Cook.

Dr. Cook was an absolute machine. He served in the military before he became a body builder for a short period of time. Standing at a staggering 6'6 with smooth chocolate skin, bright white teeth, and a full hairline the man was a catch- had he not been pushing 50.

"Hi." She smiled up at him innocently. He frowned down at her before his eyes trailed to the man behind her.

"What's going on here?" Dr. Cook was a man who often spoke his mind regardless of what others thought. It had been the reason he was promoted to director of the hospital just 5 years after he entered as an attending.

"Nothing." Thorn grumbled from behind them and Omisha took note of the relaxed tone. Her mind once more kicked into overdrive as she tried to understand what that meant.

"Om-"

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" Omisha cut him off before he could say her real name. While Thorn has figured out she was O, he didn't know her true identity- an aspect only two did.

"Let's not cut the man off when he's speaking. Continue, Doctor." Thorn perked up and stepped closer to the pair. Omisha turned and flipped him off- butterflies filling her stomach at the slight twitch of his lip. Was he going to smile at her?

"Anyways, Dr. Cook and I have some private matters to attend to so if you'd leave that'd be greatly appreciated." Omisha clasped her hands together as she smiled at Thorn. While she enjoyed their back and forth, she still had business to handle.

"Gonna try to get into his pants next?" Thorn threw at her as he stepped closer. There was no real expression on his face other than his usual scowl.

"Not till I get yours around your ankles, big boy." She once more winked at him, laughing as he frowned at her before making his way out of the room. Dr. Cook stood smiling at her and Omisha realized he knew what she was really up to.

"So, what happened?" He remarked as he eyed her hospital gown and white bandage.

Omisha rolled her eyes as a sigh escaped her, "don't get me started."
...

It was nearly 11pm by the time Omisha was free to go. Between the police interviews and the meeting with Dr. Cook, she was ready to sleep for the next 3 days. Most of her items had been confiscated as evidence due to the spraying of blood and fingerprints. Luckily, Dr. Cook decided to be an angel and buy her some jeans and a sweatshirt so she wouldn't be left with no clothing to go home.

"Alright. Now where the hell did I park?" She muttered as she eyed the numerous rows of cars in the, surprisingly, well lit parking lot. Pulling her keys out, she hit the horn button and blindly followed the sound.

"There you are, beautiful." The muttered phrase was filled with relief to find her baby untouched as she'd left it. Before she could get closer, she heard soft footsteps and turned in time to see Thorn silently approaching her.

"I thought we agreed on a mutual day of rest?" His large body was within inches of hers, their chests brushing with each breath.

"Who ordered the hit?" He growled out and Omisha rolled her eyes. It was an unspoken rule to carry that kind of information to your grave- a rule she was certain Thorn knew.

"And here I was thinking you were sort of smart." She remarked as she pressed the auto start button on her key fob. Thorn's hand roughly grabbed her arm and pushed her against her car, her fresh sutures protesting.

"Look, if we're not fucking you have to stop man handling me." She groaned as his grip tightened effectively pushing her wound tighter against the car.