Fifty

"You're kidding me!" Omisha cackled into her glass as Dean and William recalled their childhood with Winston. The three boys had been thick as thieves as they tormented the world around them.

"Nope, we finally snuck back out of the house and we only make it about 20 feet before these bright ass lights switch on." William leaned over the table as he described how they'd broken into a man's house to plant rotten fish inside after he'd been harassing them.

"Fuckin Dean decides it'd be a good idea to start dancing instead of running. Motherfucker nearly put a bullet in his head." Winston shook his head, a nostalgic smile on his face as he reached forwards to take a sip of his beer.

Their table was littered with copious amounts of food as the men all shared large appetites. Omisha settled for a bottle of wine while the men had been devouring bottles of the craft beer.

"Old man was blind as a bat! I didn't know he was gonna be that good of a shot." He threw his hands up as he tried to defend himself.

Omisha felt her chest warm as the men shared hearty laughs, their smiles glowing in the soft lights that hung above their table. The restaurant was dark aside from lights that hung above each table which cast a glow on the isle so that wait staff could see where they were going.

It was filled with lively chatter as people shared laughter and stories of their own. Omisha laughed as the boys argued about whose fault it was. She was seated on the inside of the booth with Winston by her side, Dean across from her and William across from her to the left.

"Okay but what about when you guys got home? How did you explain his wound?" She inquired before scooping the last of her meal into her mouth.

"We told our parents and dad went over there with his AR and challenged the dust bag to a shoot off." Her eyes went wide at William's words. The men laughed fondly but Omisha could only think about having a father so bold.

"That's...crazy." She titled her glass of wine to them before taking a sip. Winston seemed to be getting along with the pair as if not a second had past. The knowledge caused her to feel even more blissful.

"Pops was a piece of work but it all stemmed from love." Winston smiled softly, his face raked with a sad remembrance. The words were met with two grunts of agreement while Omisha placed her hand on his in reassurance. His eyes fell to her and he squeezed her hand before pecking her lips softly.

Silence fell over the table as the pair shared the moment before casting their gazes to William and Dean. Omisha felt her cheeks heat as the men gazed at the couple in admiration.

"If you would have told me at 20 that Winston would be the first to settle down, I'd have spit in your face." William shook his head before raising his beer and taking a sip.

"All it takes is a good woman." Dean chirped as he smiled brightly at Omisha.

"Now that I'll cheers to." She laughed as they clinked their glasses together. The vibrating of her phone broke her away from the brewing conversation. Odessa's name flashed across the screen before she silenced the device and placed it back into her clutch.

"Everything okay?" Winston muttered.

"Yeah. Everything's fine." She smiled before picking up her glass to finish the liquid. William and Dean quickly sucked Winston into the conversation while Omisha excused herself to the bathroom.

The bathrooms were neat and well lit. The grey decor gave a sophisticated feeling while the shiny white flooring brightened the area. She quickly relieved herself as she pulled her phone from her clutch to see Odessa's multiple missed calls and messages. The string of frantic words caused her hair to stand and she suddenly regretted her decision not to carry her glock anymore.