Eleven

Omisha jumped as a clap of thunder outside matched up with a jump scare in the scary movie she'd been watching.

After nearly sleeping half the day, she resorted to figuring out how to set up Netflix on Thorn's giant living room t.v. which lead to hours of romance movies. Once she realized a thunderstorm had begun, she immediately switched it to scary movies- her body becoming buried under the large comforter around her. Thorn had left hours ago, checking in with her beforehand, and she helped herself to the food in his cabinets.

"Run bitch!" She screamed at the fictional character as the woman slowly crawled away from the killer. Pulling the cover back up to her nose, Omisha waited for the killer to gut the woman.

"Bitch get up! Girl, he's going to-" her warning was cut off by the shrill screaming of the woman as the killer finally caught up to her. The opening of the front door cause Omisha to sink down into the blanket further.

"Wait a minute." She laughed to herself as she remembered exactly who she was. It was easy to lose herself in horror movie environments as the killers seemed to be superhuman these days.

"Thorn?" She called, a smile cracking on to her face as she realized how similar it was to a horror movie. The storm outside, the dark environment with a woman alone, a sudden intrusion.

The silence that met her ears put her on alert and she silently slid from beneath the covers. Stalking towards the door, her senses were on high alert and she listened for any movement. Soft footsteps behind her made her swiftly turn around, her heart nearly exploding from her chest.

"Don't try no shit like that again." She scolded Thorn as he froze mid prowl.

"I forgot you have supersonic hearing." Thorn rolled his eyes just as another clap of thunder boomed through the large home. Omisha made her way back to the couch and bundled herself up once more. "Still haven't done anything productive, huh?"

"Were you expecting me to clean the house like a stay at home wife?" She sassed as she pressed play on the movie- the resumed screaming of the woman cutting off Thorn's response. Before she could move it from his grasp, he snatched the remote from her and paused the movie again.

"You'd at least be making yourself useful. Are you eating on my couch?" He eyed the napkin that once held her grilled cheese.

"Maybe." Sliding the napkin from the couch, she balled it up in her hand. Smiling innocently up at him proved useless as he continued to glare at her.

"You better hope there's not a spec on that thing." He growled out as he threw the remote into her chest.

"I'll buy you another if there is." Omisha threw her hands up in defense after she caught the small remote. From the look of the material, she could tell the couch was far from cheap and made sure to be extra careful of her eating.

"It's one of a kind, handmade for me by someone who's now dead." The fact made her immediately want to jump up from the furniture. It felt wrong to simply allow her body to touch such a relic.

"Well then, I guess I'll be going back to your room." She scooped up the large cover and placed the remote back on the small table in front of the couch.

"No, no. I'm not sleeping in one of the guest rooms again. Find another spot." He grabbed her arm to stop her from heading towards his room.

"But I like your bed." Omisha pouted up at him. Although she hadn't tried any of the other beds in the home, she was sure none were better than Thorn's.

"So do I and I'd like to have it back." The grip on her arm tightened as she tried to pull away. His head dipped slightly to make sure she was staring at him as he spoke.

"Then we'll share it." Omisha smiled brightly up at him as she leaned into his chest- the large cover around her keeping her from feeling the warmth that usually radiated from his body.

"No." The finality in his statement caused her pout in return.

"So we can share saliva but not a bed?" At the mention of their previous acts, Thorn frowned down at her. It wasn't that big of a deal to her and she couldn't see why he was making such a big deal of it.

"That's different. It's sex."

"And this is just sleeping." She managed to pull her arm from his grasp and began her journey towards his room once more. Victory rang deeper within her when she made it to the room uninterrupted and laid the covered back on the large bed. Scanning the room, she looked for the remote in order to resume her movie.

"Would you stop standing there like a grump and help me find the remote?" Omisha spoke as she noticed him simply standing in the doorway.

"Why don't you just go home and watch t.v. there?" He spoke before making his way towards his bed. Slipping from his shoes, he plopped down on the bed and slipped the large watch from his wrist. Omisha watched in awe as he opened a drawer and multiple shelf-like levels of watches popped out.

"Because I like your bed better than mine." She slid into the bed and crawled towards him- allowing her arms to hand over his shoulders as she watched him organize the watches back.

"No surprise in you liking a man's bed better than your own." He once more attempted to insult her as a means to get his way. Instead of bickering, Omisha trailed kisses up his neck and across a portion of his jawline. He turned his head towards her and Omisha immediately connected their lips- his hand coming up to hold the side of her face.

"Why waste our breath arguing when we could do this?" She muttered against his lips before pulling her head away as he turned to fully face her. Scooting back, she laid down and wrapped her arms around his neck as he crawled on top of her.

"I can't help it. You're so annoying I have to." He responded then connected their lips so she wouldn't be able to respond. Omisha smiled in their kiss before opening her mouth to allow his tongue to explore her mouth. The kiss was slow and deep- a new feeling for Omisha.

Thorn pulled his head back slightly, his tongue trailing along her lips before Omisha took the clue- their tongues dancing around one another before he fully kissed her again. A loud boom of thunder, followed by the lights shutting off caused the pair to separate.

"Got any candles?"
————