S e s e n t a y c u a t r o

6 4

Noah and I walked the short distance to the hospital and went in search of the Chief's office.

The Chief's assistant was at their desk seeming distressed.

When I walked up to their desk, they seemed relieved.

"Thank god you're here. The Chief was saying something about how he couldn't reach you and he seemed stressed out." The assistant quickly explained before we stepped into his office.

The Chief was sitting at his desk with his hand suspiciously holding his jaw.

"Chief, are you okay?" I asked as I set my stuff down by his loveseat.

"Willow! Can you help me? My mouth has been aching and my dentist is on vacation. I don't know if it's a cavity or infection or a crack or what, but my mouth really hurts. Please help me, please." The Chief pleaded.

"I'll just take a look and see what's going on." I explained as I turned on my phone flashlight and walked over to the Chief.

I did a quick look and noticed a good size cavity.

"You need to find a dentist soon. If you wait much longer it's going to get really infected. Whatever you do though, don't get an appointment at the Dental Academy this week, it's all just college students trying to pass their exam." I suggested to the Chief, seeing him listening intently.

"Babe, why don't you just fix it?" Noah asked from behind me.

I turned around and stared at him in shock.

He can't actually think that I'm going to fix a cavity for the Chief, it's the Chief. I don't want to hurt him.

"Think about it, you can help him and you can also pass your exam." Noah explained, while the Chief was listening to our conversation.

It wasn't a bad idea, but I don't want to hurt him. Or fail my chance at my practical exam. The Chief is also such a big authoritative figure in my life, I don't want to screw anything up or be even more nervous.

But I have to do my practical exam one way or another.

"I have a set appointment space at 2 on Wednesday. If you're willing to be my patient for my practical exam, it would consist of a filling and a cleaning. But don't feel pressured to do it, I can recommend other dentists from the area for you." I ranted out, not sure if the Chief was actually going to let me be his dentist for half an hour to help him.

I watched the Chief think, anxiously waiting for his answer.

"You've trusted me to perform your surgeries, now it's my turn to trust you."