V e i n t i t r e s

Thank god today was the last day of Dr. Clemens "anesthetic methods review".

I really don't prefer watching Clemens putting people to sleep, unnecessarily. I mean he does it for academic purposes, but still he puts people under anesthesia for basically no reason.

Noah and I walked into class, hand in hand (again) hoping that we can make it through class without getting picked.

Class started the same as the other classes with Clemens coming into class right at 9.

"Hello. Today, as you know, is the last day of the anesthetic review. We will end with the strongest anesthetic, General. This anesthetic is most commonly used for wisdom teeth extraction for those that are planning on becoming oral surgeons. However, when a procedure requires general anesthesia, you will need an anesthesiologist to give the anesthesia. Which is why, today for the last demonstration, I brought in the head anesthesiologist from our university's hospital." Dr. Clemens explained as his office door opened and a young blonde-haired man in turquoise scrubs comes walking towards Dr. Clemens.

As soon as the young man turned towards my class, I recognized that face. 

It's the anesthesiologist from my surgery, Dr-um, Dr....Haim, that's who it is.

"This is Dr. Haim, the head anesthesiologist." Dr. Clemens said, introducing him.

As I was looked at Dr. Haim, shocked to realize it was him, he noticed me in the crowd staring back at him. He give me a slight, hidden nod and looked back to Dr. Clemens, does he remember me or something? 

"So who is going to be the last patient?" Dr. Clemens asked as his eyes searched the crowd.

"Ah, Ms. Samuels." He said, looking at me with a mischievous grin.

What?! 

Why'd he pick me? 

He can't pick me! 

This seriously can't be happening?!

Everybody looked at me as to why I wasn't moving.

"Sir, I think it would be best if you chose someone else..." Dr. Haim snuck a sentence into Dr. Clemens deathly glare. 

"Fine. Mr. Grey, then." Dr. Clemens said as Noah cautiously got up from his seat.

Dr. Haim saved my butt but that didn't help Noah at all.

Noah slowly walked to the dental chair in the middle of the room.

"Hi Mr. Grey. I'm Dr. Haim, if you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh for purposes of the dose of anesthesia?" 

Noah cautiously looked at the anesthesiologist who was now sitting on a rolly chair.

He quietly answered "150", Noah didn't care about his weight, but was more nervous towards what was about to happen.

Noah watched me as he grew more nervous. 

I made silly faces hoping to entertain him, it didn't work out too well.

"So when it comes to general anesthesia it could be given through an IV or a mask." Dr. Clemens began to explain and looked to Dr. Haim to continue the discussion.

Dr. Clemens sat in another rolly chair next to Dr. Haim, and put his glasses with a camera on and gives a pair to Dr. Haim.

"However, when it comes to dental procedures, we don't want to put the patient under enough that it puts them to sleep. By putting the patient to sleep would require breathing assistance, which is impossible because it's a dental procedure." Dr. Haim explained, beginning his long spiel.

"Now since Mr. Grey will still be given anesthesia, we need to watch his heart rate and blood pressure as would you in any other anesthetic procedure, but general needs to be monitored closer because they're almost put to sleep."

"So Mr. Grey, we're going to need to attach you to a monitor with electrodes, just in case. And to attach this heart beat clip on your finger." Dr. Haim explained as him and Dr. Clemens grabbed equipment and started attaching stuff to Noah.

Noah stuck his pointer finger out for the clip and moved his shirt to help them attach the electrodes.

Soon enough, the monitor started beeping according to Noah's heart rate, which was pretty high.

"Little nervous, Mr. Grey?" Dr. Clemens teased as Noah just laughed it off, looking very nervous.